VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Vs Va Disability

Rate this question

Angela

Question

If you are expecting to receive 100 % schedular from VA, is it worth it to also begin the Social Security roller coaster? Does SS provide additional benefits or dollars even for those who receive 100 % from VA?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Greetings,

I am 100% T&P and aslo received SSD. What is nice about SSD is that you get Medicare which is nice to go outside the VA health care system. After I received my SSD I went to my childrens doctor (internalist) He saved my life. The VA had me on so many medications over 20 a day. I am forever greatful to God that I got SSD.

File asap and get SSD attorney. He will save you allot of headakes. I did not have one, however I prevailed would have gladly pain $5,500.00 for an attorney. God bless you.

Greetings,

You can receive both VA Comp & SSD. I am 100% T&P and receive Social Security. Social security pays addtional for spouse's and children, however there is a maxium benefit reguardless of how many children one may have. I have 5 children and the max benefit was 1500.00 total for me and my wife and children. However the VA Disability pays for your spouse and children reguardless of the amount of children.

Apply asap even if you do not have a ratings decision of 100% from the VA. Social Security decides very differently then the VA does. I hope this helps you. God bless.

I guess its always a crap shoot .. i have 70% and IU and PT and applied for SSD in March of 2004 appealed in July of 2004 and am still waiting for my hearing and sience i first started i got a private doctor to agree with the VA doctor and still i await ...

Guest jstacy

The IU should suffice SSA definition of disabled. Dont let them jerk you around. The ALJ will rip them apart.

My attorney told me a sad story, He had 2 cases to where the disabled person had terminal cancer. The Judge apologized to the Person and ripped the SSA for denying the claim. Once the smoke cleared, The Person had passed away.