VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Va

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Got a letter yesterday about my C&P request. It said my claim is at the rating board and if I want a copy they will have to pull my file and it will delay my claim 6 months. It said for me to call them and let them know what to do. This is so weird. I've request this C&P 3 times. First was sent back saying it was to early, second I got a phone message saying I had sent it to the wrong place, now this response. Only thing I can figure is they have denied my claim and don't want to hear me complain. This has been so nerve racking. Think I should call and tell them to hold off?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

same place new tactics you just want a copy of the C&P in Dec you had done correct? It's in a computer it takes a few mouse clicks to print it out, it does not require pulling the file, if it was me, I would tell them DO NOT PULL your claim out of line you can just wait until you get the decision thank you very much, pzzing them off now will not help, this is my opinion then it's like something else everyone has one and nobody wants to hear it lol

Got a letter yesterday about my C&P request. It said my claim is at the rating board and if I want a copy they will have to pull my file and it will delay my claim 6 months. It said for me to call them and let them know what to do. This is so weird. I've request this C&P 3 times. First was sent back saying it was to early, second I got a phone message saying I had sent it to the wrong place, now this response. Only thing I can figure is they have denied my claim and don't want to hear me complain. This has been so nerve racking. Think I should call and tell them to hold off?

This is not an issue you want to handle personally. Get with a Veteran Service Officer of your choice, explain your situation, and let them call the Regional Office and retrieve the info you want.

I'm confused though. If your claim is in the system why do you want a copy of your C&P/ They might rule favorably. I would wait on the award letter, then go from there. If you meddle now you might muck up the works..MHO///

Guest jstacy

David dont ask for a copy through the Regional office. They are experts at screwing with Vets.

Go to the hospital that you had your exam and go to the medical records section to get it.

I would call the Ro and tell them never mind. Get your own copy at the place you had your exam.

Tried that first they wouldn't give it to me, said I had to go to RO. I called my SO he told me to let the RO know I didn't want a copy to avoid the 60 day delay. I have had 2 other C&P's bout a week letter I'd sent a request to the place I had the exam and it would come in bout another week. This thing just has me spooked.

Guest jstacy

Call them back and tell them this is an official medical record and they have no right to deny you a copy. Then call the patient rep and complain also.