VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Va

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Got a letter yesterday about my C&P request. It said my claim is at the rating board and if I want a copy they will have to pull my file and it will delay my claim 6 months. It said for me to call them and let them know what to do. This is so weird. I've request this C&P 3 times. First was sent back saying it was to early, second I got a phone message saying I had sent it to the wrong place, now this response. Only thing I can figure is they have denied my claim and don't want to hear me complain. This has been so nerve racking. Think I should call and tell them to hold off?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is not an issue you want to handle personally. Get with a Veteran Service Officer of your choice, explain your situation, and let them call the Regional Office and retrieve the info you want.

I'm confused though. If your claim is in the system why do you want a copy of your C&P/ They might rule favorably. I would wait on the award letter, then go from there. If you meddle now you might muck up the works..MHO///

Greetings,

Go to where you get medical treatment and go to medical records release, and ask for a copy of your C&P exam in question under (FOIA) (they might or might not give it to you with all the new rules), however I can tell you from expirence it is much better knowing what the final opinion was from the examiner prior to a RO decison. If you feel the C&P examiner was in error, it gives you time to file a complaint.

I just went through 3 months of this and can tell you don't wait until the RO makes a decision, because then you are fighting an uphill battle and if you find out prior that you had an incompendent C&P examiner all the better grounds to request a new C&P exam. These guys make many mistakes. We who have had bad C&p exams would testify to this.

Just my opinion. I hope it helps. God bless you.

• HadIt.com Elder

David

Just go to the hospital records dept and ask for a copy of the C&P. You have a right to it under privacy act and FOI act. The VA is just ignorant and are BSing you about having to go to the RO to get a C&P. I don't know where they come up with this jive. They don't even know their own rules.

Well I don't know what the deal is. But I did get the feeling the examiner was not on the best of terms with the staff. During my exam he was interupted twice. One guy came to the door and give him a list of SSN and told him they were late he needed them. Then a few minutes later a guy called on the phone and chewed him out. I could hear him on the other end. I heard him say there was no excuse for his reports being late. When we went back to the desk they lady at the desk jumped him over another person. Talked to him pretty bad, very unprofessional. I kinda felt sorry for him. I could really tell he had not won a popularity test there. It has worried me, I feel like I wasn't given a fair shake. He spent more time talking about my treatment than my claim. But in the end he said I had nerve and muscle damage and he was going to write it up as SC. That may or may not be true. He also gave me his phone # at the clinic and said he would be willing to talk to my wife about my treatment. He was a really nice guy to me, kinda out there. Needless to say I've been concerned about the out come. The fact is if you don't have a C&P you don't know if it gets changed from the time it leaves the clinic and gets finished at the rating board. I'm convinced I was denied or received a high rating from the examiner and the rating board dodging me. I'm just gonna wait it out. I've already started working on a NOD.