VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

30% C&p , Drill Pay & Retired Reserve Pay

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

Hi All,

I was given 30% C&P for peacetime injuries for my call up for Operation Enduring Freedom. I have and atill am a Army Reservist. I plan on doing a NOD, but that is a different stoy. My questions are:

1. How odes my drill pay effect C&P pay. I make more as a reservist, so I know thta I would want the drill pay. SOmeone told me thta my unit must tell the VA the number of drills I do and any annual training thta I do and since I make more that than the $377 (30% C&P) I basically would not get any C&P? On a weekend drill of Sat & Sun which is 2 days the reserves pay's you for 4 days. So does that mean 48 days a year the Va subtracts out of my C&P pay?

2. I have 3 years left befoe my MRD (quit the reserves) once that happens then I would get my full C7P pay?

3. I turn 60 in 2019, I will then draw my retired reserve pay, do I dtill get my C&P or is it offset. I have heard that a law was passed in 2004 that crestes a graduated scale so that by 2014 you could get 100% retired pay and C&P pay. But, I habe also heard that is only if you are at 50% rating or higher.

THanks,

Joe

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet