VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Getting C&p And Fee Basis C&p Exams.

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is your claim. With your Survuival or existance at steak, You should do these things before you show up for an Exam.

1: Call the office of the C&P examiner. Ask them if they have your medical information from the Regional Office. If not ask them Why they dont since it is a VA requirement. Tell them you will be bringing yopur own copy with you just in case.

2: If you dont have a copy and you go and they dont have it, Ask them nicely to reschedule it when they get it.

The Bottom line is this. Dont go into the exam unprepared. Doing this will cost you time in getting your claim or even result in an unjust medical opinion which causes a boatload of other issues down the road.

If you dont have a copy of the C File, I urge everyone to get one.

The better educated you are the better results you will have.

J

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I brought two medical opinions to my exam so the examiner to opine the same way. He read them during the exam and I asked if he agreed and he said "sure do, this all makes sense." I was relieved that I had those with me. He didn't have my C-file but he had my VA medical records and I guess he didn't need the file since it was for increase.

dh

It is your claim. With your Survuival or existance at steak, You should do these things before you show up for an Exam.

1: Call the office of the C&P examiner. Ask them if they have your medical information from the Regional Office. If not ask them Why they dont since it is a VA requirement. Tell them you will be bringing yopur own copy with you just in case.

2: If you dont have a copy and you go and they dont have it, Ask them nicely to reschedule it when they get it.

The Bottom line is this. Dont go into the exam unprepared. Doing this will cost you time in getting your claim or even result in an unjust medical opinion which causes a boatload of other issues down the road.

J

J

I bought my IMO & VA progress notes & private doc notes to my C&P exam. I ask the C&P doc did he have my c-file & he said no, so I gave him my notes but he refuse to take them and " I will get the c-file later." The next week I went back to the VAMC to check & eas told that he had picked up the file.

babyray

• HadIt.com Elder

babyray get a copy of c&p and make sure that the info you offered Doc is in your claim file.

Never ever take the word of someone at VA until you have proof

J

I know now that the C&P doctor didn't have any information. I offered a packet and she refuse and was not interested. She make it plain, that she was going down the checklist and ask all these questions.

I did poorly, she open with stressors. This was the first time I talk about them with a stranger.

It put the rest of exam in turmoil. I didn't explain my work problems, I just blew it. My mind was back in Vietnam, and couldn't focus on the questions. My mistake and I will need to do it on a NOD, or appeal.

The C&P exam for the most stressful thinG, I went through since Vietnam, which create the Stressors.

I know now that the C&P doctor didn't have any information. I offered a packet and she refuse and was not interested. She make it plain, that she was going down the checklist and ask all these questions.

I did poorly, she open with stressors. This was the first time I talk about them with a stranger.

It put the rest of exam in turmoil. I didn't explain my work problems, I just blew it. My mind was back in Vietnam, and couldn't focus on the questions. My mistake and I will need to do it on a NOD, or appeal.

The C&P exam for the most stressful thinG, I went through since Vietnam, which create the Stressors.

sgmdae,

I don't think anyone thinks they aced their C&P for PTSD. When you are driving home you question yourself on your answers to the shrink. Why didn't I say this or that. You just have to wait and see how it turns out. I'm in the same situation as you. My exam was 4 weeks ago. My VSO said I should have cancelled my exam because my shrink didn't believe in PTSD. Its to late now. You've waited 40 years, whats' another six months. Hang in there.

Bill