VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Getting C&p And Fee Basis C&p Exams.

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is your claim. With your Survuival or existance at steak, You should do these things before you show up for an Exam.

1: Call the office of the C&P examiner. Ask them if they have your medical information from the Regional Office. If not ask them Why they dont since it is a VA requirement. Tell them you will be bringing yopur own copy with you just in case.

2: If you dont have a copy and you go and they dont have it, Ask them nicely to reschedule it when they get it.

The Bottom line is this. Dont go into the exam unprepared. Doing this will cost you time in getting your claim or even result in an unjust medical opinion which causes a boatload of other issues down the road.

If you dont have a copy of the C File, I urge everyone to get one.

The better educated you are the better results you will have.

J

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

WHAT? You mean they have Comp&Pen examiners doing exams that don't believe in PTSD. That's outragious and needs to be investigated. If this is true it's just as bad as that blow up where Examiners were told by higher ups not to diagnose PTSD.

This is scary and the fact your VSO told you this after the exam shows he's not on top of his game either. I would be pissed at my VSO right now.

dh

sgmdae,

I don't think anyone thinks they aced their C&P for PTSD. When you are driving home you question yourself on your answers to the shrink. Why didn't I say this or that. You just have to wait and see how it turns out. I'm in the same situation as you. My exam was 4 weeks ago. My VSO said I should have cancelled my exam because my shrink didn't believe in PTSD. Its to late now. You've waited 40 years, whats' another six months. Hang in there.

Bill

Edited by darkhorse

C&P for PTSD needs improvement

For me to talk to stranger with in two month of my claim was scary

I got to tell you, still havn't recovered from the experience

It damage me more then I can tell, but it is what it is

WHAT? You mean they have Comp&Pen examiners doing exams that don't believe in PTSD. That's outragious and needs to be investigated. If this is true it's just as bad as that blow up where Examiners were told by higher ups not to diagnose PTSD.

This is scary and the fact your VSO told you this after the exam shows he's not on top of his game either. I would be pissed at my VSO right now.

I'm surprised he would have told you this after the exam even if true. What good does it do?

dh

The VSO told me after the fact because I was not in contact with them when I was scheduled for the C&P.

My guy at the Vet Center looked up my appointments on his computer when I asked him about them. He said the first was for IU and the second was for PTSD with doctor no name. He said that the Dr. was not the type of guy I would like. I said I didn't care because I wanted to get it done. I just wanted it over with as soon as possible.

I knew going in that this guy was a prick and didn't care about the vets. I felt like hurting this guy, that would have helped my claim when I got out of jail. In some questions I think I did bad because I was unable to express myself or recall things. In other questions I think I held my own with the shrink and may have caught him off guard with my answers.

You never know what happens in these exams. The facts are there for anyone to see. I have nothing but time on my hands and its not the end of the world if I get the shaft.

Bill