VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank God!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

it didnt take much at all. i dont knw what everyone gripes about.

Your attitude sucks in my opinion. If you think it was easy perhaps you just got lucky but many are denied or wait a long time. Ask the people who have had VA sitting on their claims for years how easy it is.

Just be grateful you were lucky.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my SMC only due to CUE claim and stuff I got from Hadit here. I never would have known I was eligible, and the VA never would have told me. I got two SMC's and I had to fight for both. It took years. If you get 100% or IU or SMC you have beaten the average. I meet some vet who is being low balled every time I go to the VA.

To be honest, I am too scared to ask for the SMCs I know I should get 'em. I just know that, from my uncles, cousins, and friend Jimmy experience, getting the appropriate rating for the disability is difficult. My uncle fought for years over AO claims, before he was awarded 100 percent. The VA argued for years with him that loading planes with the deceased wouldn't provide enough exposure to the herbicide. He won, eventually.

The gripe is, in my humble opinion, that if I see ten civilian doctors not involved with the VA my occupational handicap is far worse than if I see a VA do. Also VA cycles through PCPs like candy.

And, I realize now that the start of this thread is from 2009. So...

Edited by scscrewed