This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Fully Developed Cue
      SigBnSoldier, Whew, brother, you sure got the runaround on that.
    • Sleep Apnea Claim
      When I ordered my C-File, last year, I got the whole kit-n-kaboodle on a single disc. It has 1090 pages that covers my SR, SMR, and VAMR.  But some on here have received their file in paper form, but I think that has been changing within the past year or two.
    • Trentalange and Kelley P.A
      Trentalange and Kelley P.A
      “Our mission is to provide competent and aggressive representation, which includes taking your case to trial if necessary, for those who have suffered serious injury or death due to a negligent act. We feel that true strength and good results in this arena require a tenacious approach, but without compromising ethics or legal standards. We aspire to these goals each day in order to provide the best possible representation to our clients.”
      Trentalange & Kelley
      Toll-Free: 800.789.1117
      postal code  33609 Tampa Address: 218 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa, FL  33609
      http://www.trentalange.com/

• Veterans First Act
      Don't got to read it to know that anything that cuts out Vets by era of service is bs, plain and simple. So all the GW era Vets get the shaft, all the Vets of the Cold War era, not covered by those specifically mentioned time periods, get the shaft.  Guess the 5+ million of us don't deserve this benefit.
    • BVA Appeal from DRO
      December 31, 2015...had a DRO for an appeal on a "1151" claim.  The "1151" for malpractice/negligence has been pending since May, 2011!  Obviously, the DRO was denied for the same wrong reasons as before.   My prior VSO had filed a C.U.E. previously...and, that was denied.  Currently, have no representation.  Question?:  Do I give up...and, say the VA has won?  Is this what the VA wants me to do?  Do I have it certified and go to BVA?  Do I opt for representation?  VSO?  VA certified lawyer, etc?  Referrals?  If I opt for representation...may I pick anyone from anywhere in the states?  Also, what's the difference between "1151"and filing a complaint with the OIG?  FYI, currently residing outside of the country, permanently.  Thanks for the input.
    • C&P Exam Completed [Bad Vibe]
      Yes, she used a Ganiometer.    Weird, I reviewed my last C&P exam which stated my ROM was less than 45 deg last time. But I was still provided the minimum rating of 10%.
    • VA Stupidity Has No Limits!
      I don't know whether it was BUD/S or SAR School, but I'm pretty sure the logs weren't easy on my back or shoulders and neither were the mile long swims with heavy fins. The dirty waters I swam in didn't help with the GERD, and the PTSD was the first thing the VA diagnosed me with and it took them almost 3 years to convince me I had it. Yet, no service connection can be found for any of these things, and these pics are just of the training!! Do they simply "DONT GIVE A xxxx?" or are they just plain "STUPID?" 
    • Ebenefits Claim Status????
      EBenefits is not that reliable.  You have a congressperson involved, no?  That would be a response to your request for help to a congress representative I would think.     Try to call Peggy (the 800 827-1000 number) and ask them what the status is.  Its more likely that they can give more complete info to you.
    • ratings
      In EBenefits, under Disabilities, it will show exactly what your current ratings are.  This should show if you have 2 10's or 1 10, same with the back rating.   I would think that they are just updated verifications of SC. One spine rating cover sacroiliac, the lumbar and thoracic sections all in just 1 rating, so you can not have 2 separate ratings on DDD for L5/S1.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

bigoc

Fibromyalgia

23 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone is rated for Fibromyalgia?  And what was involved in getting it service connected.

Some claims for fibrolyalgia had succeeded at the BVA:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp09/files4/0928506.txt

For any condition to be awarded service connection you would need:

1. A diagnosed condition while in service or symptoms of a condition while in service.

2. A current diagnosed condition.

3. A nexus (a medical opinion) that the diagnosed condition/symptoms while in service are related or were the onset of the current condition.

Conditions Automatically Recognized for Service Connection

Many Gulf War Veterans encountered problems when trying to prove that their difficult-to-diagnose or undiagnosed illnesses were connected to military service. This affected these Veterans' access to disability compensation.

In response, VA asked Congress for the authority to provide compensation benefits to Gulf War Veterans who are chronically disabled by undiagnosed illnesses. The 1994 statute authorizes VA to pay compensation for disabilities that cannot be diagnosed as a specific disease or injury, or for certain illnesses with unknown cause, including chronic fatigue, persistent rashes, hair loss, headaches, muscle pain, joint pain, neurological symptoms, neuropsychological symptoms such as memory loss, respiratory system symptoms, sleep disturbances, gastrointestinal symptoms, cardiovascular symptoms, abnormal weight loss, and menstrual disorders.

Current rating for fibromyalgia:

Fibromyalgia (fibrositis, primary fibromyalgia syndrome) With widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with or without associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, paresthesias, headache, irritable bowel symptoms, depression, anxiety, or Raynaud's-like symptoms:

That are constant, or nearly so, and refractory to therapy ........................................... 40

That are episodic, with exacerbations often precipitated by environmental or emotional stress or by overexertion, but that are present more than one-third of the time .......................................................... 20

That require continuous medication for control.............................................................. 10

I have a claim in for it I have been experiencing joint pain and muscle fatigue since about 1996 I did not know what it was until I filed my presumptive claim for skin cancer. I finally recieved a gulf war exam and my PCP prescribed me naproxen 500mg twice a day. I told the doctor at a physical in 2004 and I waviered from push ups in PT and told to walk insted of running. I hope this is enough to show it exsisted in service. The Va must of done a thousand xrays with nothing abnormal. Some days my shoulders and hips hurt so bad I cant sleep my knees have swollen up for no reason and I could bearly walk but nothing showed up on xrays. I will keep you informed gulf war cases are tough to win, despite obvious skin problems I was denied presumptive SC before winning by providing two nexus letters.

I was diagnosed with FMS and recieve 40% for it. Was diagnosed by my VA doctor and also when I had my c&p exam. good luck with your claim.

I was wondering if anyone is rated for Fibromyalgia?  And what was involved in getting it service connected.

What would be the difference between Fibromyalgia and Undiagnosed illness?  Fibromyalgia does not have a specific cause.  

As I look at it, it seems that Fibromyalgia is the civilian equivalent of Gulf War related mystery diagnoses.  Yet both are rated by the VA.  

What would be the best to pursue if you have similar symptoms?

I have joint pain, joint swelling, wide spread muscle pain, fatigue, neurological symptoms, sleep disturbances, irritable bowel symptoms.  Would and IMO for a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia from a private Doc or a IMO of multi-symptom unknown diagnosis be helpful.  I think private doctors would be hesitant to put something in writing that says "I am treating this patient but I have no known diagnosis."

A diagnoses from a civilian or a VA doctor with a statement, stating that you have fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel syndrome, sleep disturbance, wide spread muscle pain and any other condition you have. In order for a doctor to make this statement they must review your medical records or have been treating you for about six months (not sure on the time frame but think it is six months). Fibromyalgia and Irritable bowel syndrome can be rated separately without pyramiding.

What would be the difference between Fibromyalgia and Undiagnosed illness?  Fibromyalgia does not have a specific cause.  

bigoc,

You are correct in that very seldom is there a specific cause

know for a persons diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

Once someone has a diagnosis of fibromyalgia -

they then have a diagnoised illness.

jmho,

carlie

Yes, I have sc entitlement for fibromyalgia secondary to AS rated (separately) at 60%.

Received VAMC dx by VA rheumatologist and then(not intenitonally)confirmed by two community rheumatologists, along with C&P examiner.

Edited by luvHIM

luvhim,

Yes, I have sc entitlement for fibromyalgia secondary to AS rated (separately) at 60%.

Can you please verify your rating? The max for fibromyalgia is currently 40% is it combined with something else?

Sorry. Did not state right...I am 40% for the fibromyalgia and 40% for the AS equalling 60% for those two conditiions.

Plus TDIU P&T. So, 100%.

How did you get the 100% TDIU? How long did it take you to get this? What era did you serve in?[

quote name='luvHIM' date='Oct 12 2009, 07:15 PM' post='170511']

Sorry. Did not state right...I am 40% for the fibromyalgia and 40% for the AS equalling 60% for those two conditiions.

Plus TDIU P&T. So, 100%.

Interesting I have been diagnosed with this, and just about everything else, Intestinal disease, and all pains everywhere..

The doctors put this in my records a long time ago, but since then more diagnosis's have come been done to explain the pain... but before those, the one catch all diax or Fibromyalgia was used before they found the cause of some of the pain..

Not sure, but I would think the cause would have to be linked to an illness or injury related to the Fibro while on active duty..

If someone gets this later with no relation to active duty, not sure if they would give you benefits for it..

as Fibro is still a catch all for unexplained all over body pain..

but hey! I am just a basket case.. so my case probably will not match other people's illness..

:rolleyes:

I don't know if you are just a basket case.  I have wide spread pain, joint issues, psoriasis, intestinal, urinary, neurological issues, and sleep apnea and host that i am sure I am forgetting right now.  So there are others with multiple problems.

I am wondering if some of your multitude of symptoms start to get diagnosed or already have a few with diagnosis will that hurt your case for fibromyalgia.  

My husband is a Gulf War Veteran, He was in combat for several months.... He was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, He was given several medicines until a couple o months the reumathologist prescribed Lyrica, She said she was sorry she couldn't give Him this earlier, but those were the instructions (by who or why she didn't say) and he was sent to acuatic therapy, She told him this therapy will be for life.... His claim for this and other injures are in the post determination team.... any comments will be really appreciated. Thanks....

As long as he was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia or the symptoms of fibromyalgia in service, it should be fine

hope the best

Ok, I am confused, the article for fibromyalgia states:

Title 38 laws on Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (unexplained illnesses)

(i) Became manifest either during active military, naval, or air service in the Southwest Asia theater of operations during the Persian Gulf War, or to a degree of 10 percent or more not later than December 31, 2011; and

My husband was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year, aquatic theraphy didn't work, so why the heck his fibromyalgia claim is DEFERRED????/ HELP

I'm service connected for fibro at 30 percent.

The claim was deferred because that's what they do.

It has nothing to do with the patient, the diagnosis, the medication or the onset date.

They like to stretch things out because the claim dies with the veteran, when the vet dies while pursuing a claim, regardless of the merits of the claim.

It's what they do.

sledge

cachanilla73

Ok, I am confused, the article for fibromyalgia states:

Title 38 laws on Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (unexplained illnesses)

(i) Became manifest either during active military, naval, or air service in the Southwest Asia theater of operations during the Persian Gulf War, or to a degree of 10 percent or more not later than December 31, 2011; and

My husband was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year, aquatic theraphy didn't work, so why the heck his fibromyalgia claim is DEFERRED????/ HELP

VA will most likely request another C & P exam

I filed a claim for fibromyalgia in 2006, VA denied my claim and said I was never diagnosed with the disorder. My Dr. diagnosed the disorder again and then I was service connected for it after two C & P exams.

Thank you everyone for your responses, this is the best way to learn about the rights and benefits veterans have. We have been fighting to get my husband benefits since 2004, and the claims he has win is because all the information from all of You. Thanks.

VA will most likely request another C & P exam

I filed a claim for fibromyalgia in 2006, VA denied my claim and said I was never diagnosed with the disorder. My Dr. diagnosed the disorder again and then I was service connected for it after two C & P exams.

My husband already has the diagnosis, physical and acuatic therapy failed and the doctor increased the Lyrica dosis, told Him to learn to live with it, (ha, so easy for them to say that ) One VSO told him since he has the diagnosis, and was a Gulf War Vet, and it was before the onset dateline (dic-31-2011) He should of get the claim automatically, but...... here we are, in Limbo againg. I just don't get why the VA didn't schedule a C&P exam, guess they are trying to find a way out... :D

Thanks for you info...