• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jim Cockerham

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • My heater man is a vet and asked me where he needs to send his I-9. He deals with Buffalo like I do and does not want DRO review etc. I am 99% sure he needs to mail it to the Buffalo VARO with proof of mailing and I dont think ebenefits can accept an I-9 appeal on line. But I feel better checking with you guys. VA makes me even doubt what I think I know sometimes. I also believe he does Not need to waive further RO consideration formally. I gave him our web site info and he said he would join.
    • A thought, a few friends and family members (like 4/5) have experienced my full blown night terrors. I'd sleep over my sisters or my mom n Dad's house while on vacation and they told me the next day they heard me scream, hear me moving/jumping in bed and both my Mom n sister told me they would come in the room speak softly to me and clam me down to end my night terror and sleep at peace. Would it help if I asked them to write up a letter detailing this?  Having lived with this alone/hiding not letting it out, I've been so low in my life, I'm still in pain and have a way long way to go but the help I am receiving at the VA is heaven sent, a non-judgemental environment, with other veterans and the people there to help and veterans who listen ( Im crying now) literally are saving me from either living in purgatory or the other option- which morally and from god I am against and my daughter I know needs me
    • Sorry duplicate post.
    • I found this article on Fully developed claims and it included a checklist which is what I've been looking for.  However its on a VA website so Im skeptical of trusting what it says. Does anyone thats familiar with the FDC process see anything wrong with this article? I'm about to file my first FDC for a new condition, (meneires disease), and want to make sure this time I file a VA claim, I don't screw it up like I did my first attempt.  http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/9648/get-the-fastest-claim-decision-file-a-fully-developed-claim/  

bigoc

Fibromyalgia

23 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone is rated for Fibromyalgia?  And what was involved in getting it service connected.

Some claims for fibrolyalgia had succeeded at the BVA:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp09/files4/0928506.txt

For any condition to be awarded service connection you would need:

1. A diagnosed condition while in service or symptoms of a condition while in service.

2. A current diagnosed condition.

3. A nexus (a medical opinion) that the diagnosed condition/symptoms while in service are related or were the onset of the current condition.

Conditions Automatically Recognized for Service Connection

Many Gulf War Veterans encountered problems when trying to prove that their difficult-to-diagnose or undiagnosed illnesses were connected to military service. This affected these Veterans' access to disability compensation.

In response, VA asked Congress for the authority to provide compensation benefits to Gulf War Veterans who are chronically disabled by undiagnosed illnesses. The 1994 statute authorizes VA to pay compensation for disabilities that cannot be diagnosed as a specific disease or injury, or for certain illnesses with unknown cause, including chronic fatigue, persistent rashes, hair loss, headaches, muscle pain, joint pain, neurological symptoms, neuropsychological symptoms such as memory loss, respiratory system symptoms, sleep disturbances, gastrointestinal symptoms, cardiovascular symptoms, abnormal weight loss, and menstrual disorders.

Current rating for fibromyalgia:

Fibromyalgia (fibrositis, primary fibromyalgia syndrome) With widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with or without associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, paresthesias, headache, irritable bowel symptoms, depression, anxiety, or Raynaud's-like symptoms:

That are constant, or nearly so, and refractory to therapy ........................................... 40

That are episodic, with exacerbations often precipitated by environmental or emotional stress or by overexertion, but that are present more than one-third of the time .......................................................... 20

That require continuous medication for control.............................................................. 10

I have a claim in for it I have been experiencing joint pain and muscle fatigue since about 1996 I did not know what it was until I filed my presumptive claim for skin cancer. I finally recieved a gulf war exam and my PCP prescribed me naproxen 500mg twice a day. I told the doctor at a physical in 2004 and I waviered from push ups in PT and told to walk insted of running. I hope this is enough to show it exsisted in service. The Va must of done a thousand xrays with nothing abnormal. Some days my shoulders and hips hurt so bad I cant sleep my knees have swollen up for no reason and I could bearly walk but nothing showed up on xrays. I will keep you informed gulf war cases are tough to win, despite obvious skin problems I was denied presumptive SC before winning by providing two nexus letters.

I was diagnosed with FMS and recieve 40% for it. Was diagnosed by my VA doctor and also when I had my c&p exam. good luck with your claim.

I was wondering if anyone is rated for Fibromyalgia?  And what was involved in getting it service connected.