• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tweeder

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • From veteran's law blog: http://www.veteranslawblog.org/veterans-benefits-attorney-3/ Again: http://www.veteranslawblog.org/veterans-benefits-attorney-2/   I do appreciate your effort.  
    • Wayne, did the initial Denial specifically state you were Denied SC for Lack of an in Service DX, or because of the not being on Cpap? The Cpap RX basis for a SA Denial, very strange. I haven't looked at the 38 CFR 4 for SA since I requested an Increase of my SC 50% to 100% back in 14. I do believe there are (2) lesser SC 10 & 30, (3) if you include a 0%. I'll have to do a review. Even if you had extremely Mild OSA and it could be Directly or Indirectly Secondarily SC'd, you should have received a SA SC 0%. Your Denied SA Claim, were you trying for a Direct SA SC or a Secondary to a current SC condition? You've NOD'd that Denial, right? What did you choose, DRO Review (12 - 16 months), DRO Hearing ( 3 - 4 yrs) or BVA Hearing (4+ yrs).  If you chose the DRO route, could you share your redacted compelling "New & Material Evidence," that was not available to the original rater, and is mandated by VA Reg for a DRO Review/Hearing? Any chance you could post redacted copies of you SA DX and your VA Denial Letter? Semper Fi
    • Go to the Legion, DAV or VFW etc. and ask to look at your both your eFolder in VBMS and Virtual VA folder. This will show any recent documents. Unless it's ancient, it's extremely unlikely they put it in a paper folder, if one even exists. The first phone clerk would've left a note in VBMS (this is different than VBMS eFolder) and should've also put a form documenting your call in the VBMS eFolder (but probably didn't, or the RO they work for never uploaded it). At this point, the clerk should've filled out the actual dependency form over the phone, or sent the form to you- They didn't do so. Complain, whine, pester your congressional aide until they go to VA central office's direct line- not just their usual letter to the RO- based on the VA's inaction during that call. Keep complaining until they take that phone call as being well within the one year of an event. It's difficult to get rid of documents in the VBMS eFolder, but not impossible. I don't know how a clerk would do so in Virtual VA. I don't think the VBMS notes can be deleted easily. As Bronco said, it's best to go through as many hands as possible when submitting documents. Your CVSO, then the VFW (for example) so there's no question a document got uploaded. Then call 10 days or so later and ask the clerk to 1. Verify they received ALL the documents and 2. Politely ask them to not only leave a note, but write a report of contact detailing she did, indeed, verify the documents were in either eFolder. The clerk will also make sure their electronic tracking is correct without you asking. As Bronco alluded to, clerks HATE dependency and will do anything they can to get rid of it- first and foremost is asking for information they already have- so it gets it out of their purview. If this happens- Again go to your congressional rep's aide and again, complain, whine, pester until they go to VA central office's direct line. This shouldn't happen to Veterans but does too often. But, perhaps, as Berta explained,  they hate everything and will use the same tactics of any type of claim- don't know.
    • I believe the Doctor gave an excellent medical rationale for the inservice nexus. I hope others opine here as well ... I can't imagine what other cause or reason VA could come up with for the Menieres. Have you googled for any abstracts or medical articles that specifically involve Menieres caused by multiple exposures to cabin air pressure?        
    • I have read OGC reports for years. They often focus on errors in TDIU awards. If the VA creates an overpayment (their fault) the veteran usually never has to pay back that amount. But this is a legal issue and depends on each individual situation. A VA VSO long ago at the local VAMC asked me to opine on a situation he had regarding a serious large overpayment that the VA insisted the claimant was aware of herself (widow's claim) He had filed for an administrative review.Unfortunately he lost the AR because the VA held that she knew an overpayment had been made and did nothing herself to tell the VA of it. But in other cases the VA will not attempt to collect something that results from their errors. What bothers me about these OGC reviews is that only a small part of claims are reviewed at each VARO from time to time and I have no idea if the RO goes ahead to correct errors OGC finds that were financially detrimental to the veteran or widow. I take these reviews and investigations with a grain of salt. Even if the directive involves a M21-1MR  change on SMC adjudication. (if VA could read M21-1MR properly they would not even have to have a directive) I feel every veteran who has had a TDIU or 100% award ,with any additional SC disabilities or might have become HB or SMC eligible at time of last award or since..should look over those older ratings. My 1998 rating sheet for DIC OBVIOUSLY warranted a SMC award.Even with the wrong 1151 ratings on it. My rep said because 1151 awards are ';different' -I should not NOD the decision. That decision bothered me for 5 more years to feel confident enough to file CUE on it.( 4 separate CUEs in all appeared on the Rating sheet- all awarded- and I bet VA since, has made many errors on SMC issues ,at every RO.      

grent

Dental Implants

15 posts in this topic

GOT ONE OTHER QUESTION

I JUST GOT APPROVED FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS BUT IM A LITTLE WORRIED HERE DOES THE VA PAY FOR ALL OF IT OR DO YOU HAVE TO APPEAL THAT ISSUE IF THEY DONT PAY FOR ALL OF IT

I HAVE NOT SEEN THE APPROVAL VOUCHER YET JUST CALLED AND THEY LEFT MESSAGE SAID IT WAS APPROVED

"APPROVED" UH OH THAT TRIGGERS " A RED LIGHT CHALLENGE "

APPROVED IN VA TERMININOLOGY MEANS

IF THE BILL WAS $ 9000 VA WILL ONLY PAY 1 / 2 "MOST LIKELY AS NOT" VA WILL PAY ONLY 1 / 4, YEA NOR NEY?

ANY INPUT OR RECENT PROBLEMS HERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANK YOU

Edited by grent

Sre you service connected for any dental disability that requires the implants?

gee sorry grent I think your rating completely qualifies you but I am not sure at all-

where did the approval come from? the VA?

I would think TMJ from PTSD could definitely warrant this type of dental help at5 some point due to secondary conditons from the TMJ

(Temporal mandible joint disease- grinding ones teeth- it can become very serious dental problem.)

gee sorry grent I think your rating completely qualifies you but I am not sure at all-

where did the approval come from? the VA?

I would think TMJ from PTSD could definitely warrant this type of dental help at5 some point due to secondary conditons from the TMJ

(Temporal mandible joint disease- grinding ones teeth- it can become very serious dental problem.)

The dental clinic where I go does implants and the dentist said I might need a couple of lower implants to hold my denture in naw I don't want them drilling into my jawbone with my luck I would get infected I am happy with the new dentures they made me I am not going to push my luck I went in to the VA in 97 for a 4 day operation bypass surgery I was there for 6 weeks I have that Murphys law problem what can go wrong does all of it...... if you are TDIU yes they are supposed to pay for all of your medical care and if the dentist says you need implants they should do it or pay your bill if they authorize you to see a civlian provider but I would want to see the approval first in writing I don;t know how much implants cost but they don't sound cheap

my ptsd is from another issue

but i would like to know in the outpatient area if they va will pay for my implants since i am 100% schedular

they said they would

but i heard they only pay a portion

thks grent

my ptsd is from another issue

but i would like to know in the outpatient area if they va will pay for my implants since i am 100% schedular

they said they would

but i heard they only pay a portion

thks grent

have you gone to the VA dental clinic and asked them about it? They should have a dentist there that can do it, if not then they should pay for outpatient care all of it you said you got approval from whom and how was your request worded will the VA pay for implants if I am 100%? then the answer is yes but can you just up and go to a dentist without a VA authorization for fee basis care NO you will get stuck with the bill you have to ask the right question of the right person or you could end up mad with a large bill to pay