VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Form 21-4192

Rate this question

murph

Question

I was layed off because of a reduction in force from a large school district,I always

had excellent evaluations and was senior to the other employees who were not let go.

I am rated 70% ,30% ptsd ,20,20,10,10,10,10," the other % is DM11,combat wounds"

I just put in a claim for IHD secondary to agent orange, The DAV service officer told me to also put a claim in for Iu. I would like to know how va form 21-4192 works ,does the va send form to employer or send it to me to bring to employer.The reason i ask is being i worked for a large school district the form would go to HR department and they would not know me personally, I think it would be better if i brought form to my supervisor where i use to work and let my former supervisor fill out form and attach a letter with her observations of my disabilities.Should i download form 21-4192 and take

of it myself and send it in to va.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, you can certainly do that.

Doing so will cut down on the time spent waiting, also.

Now, whether the VA will NOTICE that you have done this.....................?

They may, just out of habit, or due to policys and procedures, send another of these forms out to your former employer.

• HadIt.com Elder
I was layed off because of a reduction in force from a large school district,I always

had excellent evaluations and was senior to the other employees who were not let go.

I am rated 70% ,30% ptsd ,20,20,10,10,10,10," the other % is DM11,combat wounds"

I just put in a claim for IHD secondary to agent orange, The DAV service officer told me to also put a claim in for Iu. I would like to know how va form 21-4192 works ,does the va send form to employer or send it to me to bring to employer.The reason i ask is being i worked for a large school district the form would go to HR department and they would not know me personally, I think it would be better if i brought form to my supervisor where i use to work and let my former supervisor fill out form and attach a letter with her observations of my disabilities.Should i download form 21-4192 and take

of it myself and send it in to va.

In the meantime, you might just want to consult an attorney (look up one that concentrates their practice in "labor law").

Seems to me like there just be some prejudicial illegal actions going on here.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just remember for IU the reason you are not working has to be solely due to your SC conditions and not RIF due to the employer's problems. This is why you need a doctor to say you are IU because of SC conditions. Your employer is probably not going to admit they got rid of you because of your disabilites, but this is exactly what you need. Were you retired or just fired? As Larry says if you were fired due to discrimination I would run it by a lawyer to see if the school followed the rules on RIF'es. They usually go by senority and vets usually have some protection. If they went around a bunch of people to get at you then you may have a case.

Just remember for IU the reason you are not working has to be solely due to your SC conditions and not RIF due to the employer's problems. This is why you need a doctor to say you are IU because of SC conditions. Your employer is probably not going to admit they got rid of you because of your disabilites, but this is exactly what you need. Were you retired or just fired? As Larry says if you were fired due to discrimination I would run it by a lawyer to see if the school followed the rules on RIF'es. They usually go by senority and vets usually have some protection. If they went around a bunch of people to get at you then you may have a case.

John999 and Larry thanks for the reply,I believe pstd and my heart condition which really slowed me down "40% ejection rate" was the real reason i was let go.I live in a "right to work state" and there is not a lot of protection for workers.I was working high school security and i don't think i can do the job anymore.I have been out of work for seven months.as i said i'm rated 70% now and with a claim for IHD "40% ejection rate"could be 60% disability,which i think would be combined 90% rate.That is why the service officer told me to put in for iu.As for the form i should let the va handle it?