VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependents?

Rate this question

hawkfire27

Question

has anyone ever had an audit done on dependents payments???

My husband has had several marriages and children some of which were registered as dependants but not payed for... Anyone else ever had this happen??

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Your post states ..."husband had several marriages and children some of which were registered as dependents but not paid for..." therefore I wonder this? has he been paying child support for these kids? has he ever received dependent compensation $ ? I am wordering if you could just put in a claim for it .

Does he use a VSO? How many years are you looking at? Do you have any documentation that verifys the VA received the appropriate forms for dependent care compensation monetary benefits?(names/DOB/SS#) How many years are you talking?

(If I were him I would put in a claim for back pay never received for the one's registered, and put in for the one's not registered. I don't think you have anything to lose and could gain for the kids.

Also I have not heard of an audit being done for dependents, but I am sure the VA does audits for alot of things.

I filled later in life and only received dependent care for one child only a few years; she's now in Graduate school, so it's been on us.

Good luck and hopefully others versed in this area will post.

Edited by halos2

Your post states ..."husband had several marriages and children some of which were registered as dependents but not paid for..." therefore I wonder this? has he been paying child support for these kids? has he ever received dependent compensation $ ? I am wordering if you could just put in a claim for it .

Does he use a VSO? How many years are you looking at? Do you have any documentation that verifys the VA received the appropriate forms for dependent care compensation monetary benefits?(names/DOB/SS#) How many years are you talking?

(If I were him I would put in a claim for back pay never received for the one's registered, and put in for the one's not registered. I don't think you have anything to lose and could gain for the kids.

Also I have not heard of an audit being done for dependents, but I am sure the VA does audits for alot of things.

I filled later in life and only received dependent care for one child only a few years; she's now in Graduate school, so it's been on us.

Good luck and hopefully others versed in this area will post. :)

Yes for all children he has paid child support and filed taxes for them before he was made 100%.

He has 5 kids and all but one are registered with VA (or were before they turned 18). The thing is we were looking at all the ratings letters and payment notices and only 2 of the kids were payed for, the VA told us the others weren't paid for because the birth certs weren't "available" at the time of rating. We ordered my husband C-File for dependent information, and it shows birth certificates for all of his children including the one that they never added to the system and the VA date stamp says all certs were received at the same time this file also includes the form to add dependents which has all their names and the Tax statements showing he was paying for all of them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The VA had this information and didn't include it in rating, one of his kids was never eligible for the DEA education benefits because they didn't add him to the system, even though they had his birth certificate as evidenced by it being in his c-file. Most kids were still in elementary school when he became disabled, three of them were living with him at the time. he was payed only for two of these.

This is going back starting in 1988 when he became 100%

Especially wondering about this because the son that was not added wants to go to school but can't afford it. It would be nice if we could help him out via the DEA educations benefits he is supposed to be entitled too.

Has anyone else had this problem????

WARNING!!!!! Once you start going through your C-File you start finding all sorts of crazy stuff that needs to be corrected. Make sure you have the state of mind and time to deal with it all!!!! :)

I am not sure if an appeal would be the route or a new claim to try and go back for the funds...not being well versed in dependent claims, it is something I will try and find info about. I am going to try and find info in my VBM, but we will see. Chapter 35 I believe you are talking about for child education.

Berta is one who is versed in this area too, hopefully she will respond, or another with knowlegde in this specific subject matter. If I find anything that may be helpful, I will post.