• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    RAN

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • According to them it is the sacroiliac joint/crest that is where I'm experiencing my pain and the SI joints is where I got the injections in.  No surgery mentioned yet.
    • I certainly hope so! I mean, I just can't imagine why they would deny it, I literally provided them everything there is to offer. I just can't figure out why, or how, they would be able to rate me for this condition without a C&P exam? being that range of motion is a determining factor of the rating and all? But hey, we shall see....
    • I am wishing for our future veterans as well as us older ones that if we get another raise or benefit in the near future  it will be that ChampVA covers our spouses 100%
    • I have had two C&P exams for PTSD and neither were available in any form under blue button or anywhere else that I could find. 
    • While there is less to prove with an increase than for initial claim, I think VA largely delays it more than necessary by sometimes "re adjuticating" old claims, looking for a decrease.  VA admits they look at "all disabilities" whenever an increase is sought.  Still, the Veteran has to meet the criteria for a reduction, and part of that criteria is "NOT": "When the Veteran seeks an increase, try to reduce him instead".   Personally, I think its illegal and a violation of due process to consider a Veteran for a reduction when he seeks an increase.  That is like "profiling" pulling over a car to check for illegal things whenever its occupants are of a certain race.   Im hoping someone sues VA for attempting a reduction when they file for an increase.  

foleyj

Temp 100% Convalescent Pay After A Surgery

22 posts in this topic

I submitted a claim for convalescent pay after spine surgery and the doctor put that I would be out for 3 months. I just received that payment, but it is a lower amount then I was told. I am rated at 60% with a spouse and one child. The 100% rate would be 2932.00. If I am doing the math correctly 2932.00-1129.00=1803.00. The difference is 1803.00 and that should be the amount that I should have gotten for the 3 months for a total of 5409.00. The payment that I received was 4335.00. Is this the way the VA calculates this, or is there a different rate table for this type of situation?

It should be t he 100 percent rate minus your current amount times 3.

You may be correct, Call them up and ask them to re figure it.

J

I get the 60% vet with 1 wife, 1 child at 1129 per month -

100% vet,wife ,child 2932 per month

2932 less 1129 (what they should have paid you for those 3 months already-as your regular 60%) = 1803.

1803 times 3 months is 5409-

YES I think you are correct too-the difference soesnt make sense

I have had some errors on VA checks in the past-some a few hundred bucks and one was almost 40 thousand bucks.

If I were you I would write to them ASAP and state to them (keep copy, send priority or certified)that they have made a clearly erroneous mathematical error to your detriment in their decision or award letter dated xx xx xxxx and I always send them my calculations.Best to do that too.

They have always responded fairly swiftly and sent the cash soon too.

Except for my most recent ordeal and I went way over their heads on it.

They can fix this easily in your case . It shouldn't take long.

(Then again-Chapter 35 had started to refund my tuition-and sent me a check sometime ago and also the form AMU needed to fill out for audit of my additional tuition. A simple task. Yesterday I learned from AMU that VA has only recently released proof of my eligibility for this-the award letter is dated April 29th,and there are 2 more award letters as well.

They (VA) apparently stopped the Chapter 35 VA people from properly processing my award.

They also have held up my REPS for months.

I asked the school to state to me exactly what VA did with my VA forms.

Perhaps this was in fact an error at AMU finance office.

But I am collecting documentations on all this in case I have opportunity to give testimony again to the H VAC.

If they are treating me,as widow of a vet who died due to direct service connection,this arbitrary and capricious way- how the heck are they treating the widows and widowers of OIF OEF veterans who died in service?)

You have a simple error they should be able to fix right away.

Maybe. I have waited 9 months for them to fix a major and obvious retro error in my award.Still waiting.

Edited by Berta

If you were house bound after your spine surgery, you can file for that, I got it for 3 months and it was 3123 dollars I think, I know it was over 3100 dollars, you might want to check in to that.

Ken

Well I finally got in touch with a very helpful VA rep on the phone. I was actually surprised that this person was so helpful, but anyway here is the response that was sent to me. Now keep in mind that the original claim was for 3 months.

Mr. Foley:

This is in response to your inquiry dated January 29, 2010, regarding retroactive pay.

Based on the notification letter, the VA granted temporary 100% for two months, September 2009 and October 2009. September 1, 2009 - October 31, 2009 $3,756.00 for temporary 100% with 2 dependents.

I am trying to figure out why I was only paid for two months instead of three. The letter that I sent in from the doctor clearly states that the convalescence will be 3 months.