VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got A Copy Of My C&p Exams

Rate this question

CHIEF915

Question

Just got copies of my C & P Exams from the records office at VA. If at all possible could I get some feedback as to what each of these may bring percentage wise? I am currently 90% and looking to get to 100%.

PTSD

Diagnosis: Axis I: Postraumatic stress disorder with depressive features. Axis II: None. Axis III: Physical Conditions. Axis IV: Health and Financial Difficulties. Tendency for social isolation. Axis V: 57 (I asked to be SC for this)

Essential Hypertension

Diagnosis: readings of 170/100 168/98 170/98 on continous medication (Asked for increase from 0%)

GERD

Diagnosis: GERD symptoms under control with constant medication. (I asked to be SC for this)

Internal bleeding hemorrhoids

Diagnosis: Internal bleeding hemorrhoids, verified by colonoscopy. On symptomatic treatment, Anusol HC. (Asked for increase from 0%)

Bronchial Asthma

Diagnosis: Treatment with albuterol Inhaler as needed. PFC tests 79% (Asked this be seperated from my sleep apnea and be rated by itself)

Plantar Faccittis

Diagnosis: Bilateral pes planus, mild degree. (Asked for increase from 0% due to orthodics not helping)

Neuropathy

Diagnosis: Diabetic neuropathy, moderate degree, affecting all extremities. (Asked to be SC for this)

Migraines

Diagnosis: Stress-related Headaches (Asked to be increased from 0% for migraines. I take Fiorcet and turned in a Migraine calander 2-3 a month)

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

HI Chief,

If you are wondering about ratings, always remember the raters are not doctors and they look for specific "key words" that match the regs they have to follow.

Here is a link to the schedule of ratings, take a look through here and find the disabilities you are applying for, it has all the requirements for each % rating listed with the disabilities, it takes a lot of work for someone to reply to a question like yours, so I thought I could give you the tools to find out and to possibly appeal if you need to.

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html

GOod Luck with you claim....

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you working? The closer you get to 100% for more than one rating the harder it gets to make the actual 100%. I am 90% but I am IU. Are you trying to get 100% and work at the same time?

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes, I am still working and still want to work. I am trying to get bumped up to the 100% rating and still be able to work as much as I can.

Chief,

I get the feeling that you may not be familar with "VA math".

I'm gonna try to go for the easy explanation here, but, feel free to check out the REAL explanation which is posted here on the hadit board:

Say ya start with a 50% disability rating, then you get another 50% disability rating. Nope, you're not at 100% yet..........you're at 75% (well, actually either 70% or 80%). Then you add another, say 10% to your 70%, nope, not 80%, but something like STILL 70%, then you add another disability of, say 70%, AH-HAH! Now we're really talkin', cause that will get you ALL THE WAY to, maybe, 80%, then add another 50%, hey, we're all the way to 90%, yada, yada, yada.

Funny how all that crap DOES NOT WORK in the veteran's favor, ain't it?

You can simply look at the VA's convoluted reasoning and TELL WHAT SIDE THEY ARE ON!

If I was the VA General Mojo, I'd do away with that VA Math tomorrow when I got to work, for it reeks with anti-veteran stink (that's my official suggestion, that one that they were asking us for, the one whereby you can "WIN" upwards of a MILLION DOLLARS, fer suggestin' something so freakin outlandishly simple that you KNOW they will NEVER implement............................... :o

Chief,

I get the feeling that you may not be familar with "VA math".

I'm gonna try to go for the easy explanation here, but, feel free to check out the REAL explanation which is posted here on the hadit board:

Say ya start with a 50% disability rating, then you get another 50% disability rating. Nope, you're not at 100% yet..........you're at 75% (well, actually either 70% or 80%). Then you add another, say 10% to your 70%, nope, not 80%, but something like STILL 70%, then you add another disability of, say 70%, AH-HAH! Now we're really talkin', cause that will get you ALL THE WAY to, maybe, 80%, then add another 50%, hey, we're all the way to 90%, yada, yada, yada.

Funny how all that crap DOES NOT WORK in the veteran's favor, ain't it?

You can simply look at the VA's convoluted reasoning and TELL WHAT SIDE THEY ARE ON!

If I was the VA General Mojo, I'd do away with that VA Math tomorrow when I got to work, for it reeks with anti-veteran stink (that's my official suggestion, that one that they were asking us for, the one whereby you can "WIN" upwards of a MILLION DOLLARS, fer suggestin' something so freakin outlandishly simple that you KNOW they will NEVER implement............................... :o

It took me a bit to get it at first (VA Math), but I understand it now. When I got my original rating of 90% I didn't see how they got that cause I added everything up and it was a lot more than 90%. I am shooting for that last 10% to get me to 100%, the items I have listed are the ones I asked for reconsideration for increases and new items. I am still in that "Majic Year" after retering from the Army so they said everything will be automatically SC'd. Thank you for your input, and I second the motion on your official suggestion.

Hi CHIEF915,

I have read your earlier post.

Are you employed?

Do you receive Social Security Disability for your Axis 1 illness?

I see you are sitting on 90%.

Did the doctor state if you were or not employable?

I am again sorry, but what you have posted does not give me much to go on.

Betty

Betty,

I am not receiving Social Security as I am still working and want to continue just to keep me busy. As far as the Axis I illness I just had the C&P last month. I just checked with the FT Sill BDD office and they said everything is waiting on a rater now. The doctor said I am still employable.