VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Scheduled!

Rate this question

Gridsmasher11

Question

OK FOLKS, Just recieved the letter today that on the 29 MAR I have 2 C&P exams scheduled at the VA Medical Center....That is hopefully good news..The letter says it is at the request of the VA Regional Office in conjunction with claim or review of my disability...Problem is I don't know which claim..I have submitted a long list..Plus I had a Gulf War Physical in November which found quiet a few thing wrong with me.....The appointments are at 2 different times in the Special Exams Unit...One of them is listed as Gen Med.I understand that is general medicine, the other says NP, don't know what that is unless it means Nurse Practioner...A Nurse Practioner performed my Gulf War Registery Physical.....Am also seeing a VA Phsyche but don't think this is mental health.................Is this a follow up of My Gulf War or as a result of Schineski's new Gulf War guidance....How do I find out what the exam is for.......Any help appreciated..................Grid

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I'm guessing the NP might stand for Neruopsychiatry. There is a branch of psychiatry that involves neurology, so the doctors are trained in both fields together.

There are quite a few of them nowadays, and I think they would especially be the ones to investigate mental disorders that are or may be rooted in or intertwined with neurological conditions; for example, chronic pain syndrome is a neuropsychiatric disorder, if I understand correctly.

However, I'm just working off of my limited knowledge, which, along with a dollar, will usually get me a cup of coffee. Or, when you get free advice, be advised that it may be worth exactly what you paid for it.

Seriously, though, I wish you the best of luck in getting approval for anything you should be approved for.

• HadIt.com Elder
Call the C & P office at your VAMC, If you can get through ask them what are your C & P exams for. You may also try to call scheduling, they maybe able to look it up but no guarantees

Yes Pete is right call the C&P department. If you are in Texas call the 800 number on your pill bottle and when it answers punch 0 and ask operator to connect to C&P Department.

Good Luck

Yuu are probably just a few months from an answer.