VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exams Are Over - Waiting Now

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

Hi all,

Since I am so new to this process, I read alot and post very little - it's the best way to learn. I have recently finished my 3 exams. They were OK - the docs seemed to act concerned enough, pretty much. I did ask for and receive copys of my exrays (on a CD that I can even view at home!) and typed copies of my exam notes for each.

Most of the jargon is beyond me, but I'll throw them in here. While I wait for my letter (other than my monthly love letters), I'll check back to see if there are any comments left here.

• hearing considered within normal limits, slight reduction at 6000 and 8000 Hz which is consistent with reports of tinnitus
  • Right shoulder: noted Crepitus. small reduction in range of motion for right abduction (0 - 160 degrees). Both shoulders radiographicly normal. They seem to not want to MRI?
  • A couple of r wrist injuries referenced in my C-file that they said supported claims of wrist pain. (it pops all day long!) range of motion was pretty standard.
  • Neck injury: Active motion - flexion 0 to 42 deg. extension 0 - 32 deg. L Lat flex 0 to 30. L Lat Rot 0 to 38. R Lat Flex 0 to 45 and R Lat Rot 0 t0 45. Objective evidence of pain on active motion? Yes.. Loss of disc height with anterior osteophytic spurring is noted the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels, Calcifications are noted in the posterior paraspinous cervical musculature. degenerative spine disease C5-C6 and C6-C7, pain radiates to shoulders.
  • On my vertigo, they said: Vets current symptoms are most consistent with cervical vertical vs muscle tension and not an otological source.

If you all here can shed any light, great! Regardless, I'll post more later when I get my letter.

Thanks -

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Geo

Glad that you are here just looks like you had a professional C&P to me. I do not know what to say about the rating it is out of my comfort range to discuss hope that others comment about it.

Geo

Glad that you are here just looks like you had a professional C&P to me. I do not know what to say about the rating it is out of my comfort range to discuss hope that others comment about it.

Thank you Pete,

They did seem to be pretty nice about the whole process. I am rather anxious about how this pans out - in fact it took me 4 years after retiring to file. I beat myself up during my 22 years, but have nothing compared to some of the men and women that are coming home now from the sand box. Only after my neck pain became a constant bother did I decide to take care of the claim.

We'll see. This is an awesome place and I have pointed several of my friends to it.