VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Is Scheduling Two C&p Ptsd Exams

Rate this question

vperl

Question

A buddy of mine files for PTSD, was denied, then 6 months later he went to a Privatee Mental Health provideer to diagnos him.

The Private Dianosis showed he had PTSD and gave my buddy a GAF of 40 and wrote he suffered from Moderate PTSD.

Then the VSO for my buddy filed an appeal....

Then the VA ordered a C&P exam, he went to the C&P and was diagnosised with PTSD, and on the end of this exam the Doctor

told him as he went through the file the VA is going to have my buddy do a second C&P PTSD exam from another Doctor.

What is this all about ?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This sounds odd to me- 2 C & Ps-

was the first one favorable to his claim or was it speculative?

Was it done by someone such as a psychiatrist or psychologist?

Does he have proof of his stressor or combat awards?(PH, CAR, or CIB)

Edited by Berta

This sounds odd to me- 2 C & Ps-

was the first one favorable to his claim or was it speculative?

Was it done by someone such as a psychiatrist or psychologist?

Does he have proof of his stressor or combat awards?(PH, CAR, or CIB)

MY buddy had his first claim denied, about 7 months later his VSO and I both talked him into getting an IMO, the VSO gave

him the contact he went there 8 times and was diagnosis with modeate PTSD With a GAF of 40.

He had his VSO do the appeal, then had the 1 st PTSD C&P two weeks ago. He was told at the time by the Examiner that he had severe PTSD. The examiner told him that lookg through the file, that the VA had requested a second PTSD C&P....

He got and exam time in first part of April for the second PTSD C&P> ( The IMO was from a professional that works with Veterans and has a Private practice with Veterans with PTSD)

My buddy is a combat veteran two purple hearts and a CAR

"My buddy is a combat veteran two purple hearts and a CAR "

WOW- I cannot imagine how they denied his initial claim-

and I assume that his original EED is still intact for the retro.

Possibly the first C & P did not adequately address his level of PTSD for a proper rating.

With those awards on his DD 214 a stressor will be conceded by the VA (it better be!)

My heart breaks when I see stuff like this- let's face it- this vet bare knuckled the PTSD for decades.

I am glad he has a friend like you who is giving him support to continue this claim.

"My buddy is a combat veteran two purple hearts and a CAR "

WOW- I cannot imagine how they denied his initial claim-

and I assume that his original EED is still intact for the retro.

Possibly the first C & P did not adequately address his level of PTSD for a proper rating.

With those awards on his DD 214 a stressor will be conceded by the VA (it better be!)

My heart breaks when I see stuff like this- let's face it- this vet bare knuckled the PTSD for decades.

I am glad he has a friend like you who is giving him support to continue this claim.

AS I remember his claim was file in Feb 09, and the appeal was filed Jan 2010 within the 12 months...

I remember he told me the VSO made a big deal out of that in the paper work he sent in, warning the VA that the retro date was Feb 09.

The question is why TWO PTSD Exams ?

Not a sole I talked to or my buddy has asked the two VSO in the County office if they ever heard oof this, all say,, never seen that before...

A gaf score of 40 is not moderate , that indicates severe . That should have been a no brainer award, with 3 conceded stressors when only 1 is needed. I wonder why we have a back log of appeals , hhmmm.

Sgt Sandman

VPERL, yes some e-5 's can read HA HA. :lol:

I really overcame some obstacles though , i was a grunt and an E-5 Go figure. Semper Fi Friend.

A gaf score of 40 is not moderate , that indicates severe . That should have been a no brainer award, with 3 conceded stressors when only 1 is needed. I wonder why we have a back log of appeals , hhmmm.

Sgt Sandman

VPERL, yes some e-5 's can read HA HA. :lol:

I really overcame some obstacles though , i was a grunt and an E-5 Go figure. Semper Fi Friend.

I am not convinced of that, but I do remember they all had someone to help them tie their boots up...