VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Ethmoidal Sinusitis

Rate this question

bh1981

Question

Hi guys,

This didn't make too much sense to me so maybe someone can give me some insight. While I was an Army Recruiter in 2008, I had to see a civilian nose doctor (as a recruiter, there were no military hospitals around and we were authorized the use of civilians). He diagnosed me with chronic ethmoidal sinusitis. However, my claim for sinusitis was denied. Is the VA looking for something in particular or is this something that I should appeal?

Thanks for all of the help!

Brad

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Brad,

What is the wording of your denial letter? (leave out the specific date/name/personal stuff)

Brad,

What is the wording of your denial letter? (leave out the specific date/name/personal stuff)

At first the VA wanted more information (even though this diagnosis/paperwork was submitted with the claim) and sent out that paperwork saying that the claim was deferred. Then about a month later I received the denial which stated my denial was due to the sinusitis not being diagnosed while I was in the military. I left my paperwork at work this afternoon but will post the denial verbatim tomorrow afternoon.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Their request for additional information is usually sent out initially on some claims. The letter I got gave me 30 days to submit the info or I could sign a form and they would go ahead and process the claim.

This sounds like grounds for a reconsideration at minimum. If your service treatment records, regardless of whether it came from military or civilian doctors, diagnose you with a chronic condition, it should be rather self explanatory. Look forward to seeing the complete text of your denial letter.