• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    kenvan19

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Thanks to everyone that responded, or lack therof  The C&P examiner did read the notes that I had which was good because from the looks of the examiners face sometimes looked the examiner couldn't keep up with me.
    • Craig Bash M.D., dba /Veterans Medical Advisor, has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau based upon failure to deliver services.  Two complaints have been filed against the business since 2013, and the business failed to respond to either. I was promised I'd have my IMO in a month by Bash over the phone. Didn't happen.   Won't respond to letters, emails, etc. Doesn't seem to have a problem cashing my monthly payment checks though.. That's $2350 dollars for nothing that I've thrown away unless the IMO just so happens to fall out of the freaking sky one day.. I could have used that money and flown to Oklahoma City and had the Ellis Clinic do four IME's for $500.00 dollars and still had money in my pocket. Feeling really bummed out.  
    • Update 21, So, today I see a second addendum to my C&P exam in myHealthyvet. Looks like they wanted an explanation for my right foot Achilles problem.  I think the examiner did good by me. Anyway, now wait for eBenifits update, Hamslice  
    • Wow.. got my decision last Friday from BVA and was awarded EED from 2009.haven't received retro in bank yet! Also, part of my appeal was remanded for further development of TDIU.. I submitted a waiver at BVA hearing to have everything decided at DC. If anybody on this forum has gone through this experience please tell me if AMC would handle this Remand? why I haven't received retro?
    • Well here is more towards the original post and paramiding, This is what was referred, along with my left ankle.  Really need my left ankle rated at at least 10% so I can get the bilateral math help to get to 90. Anyway, "Please provide the following clarification: VA examination findings from VA Medical Center Iron Mountain, dated June 22, 2016 show that the examiner noted diagnosis of left Achilles tendinitis on foot and ankle examination. Also, imaging studies involving the right ankle indicate findings of right calcaneal spur with calcification of insertion of Achilles tendon. However, no diagnosis of the veteran's right ankle is shown. A review of ankle examination findings show that the examiner noted range of motion of the veteran's to demonstrate full range of motion. However, the examiner made no comment or assessment with regard to objective pain on motion with range of motion findings on examination. VA examination addendum from VA Medical Center Iron Mountain, dated August 1, 2016 show that the examiner provided a medical opinion stating that the veteran's right ankle condition is at least as likely as not the result of or aggravated by the veteran's service connected right foot plantar fasciitis. However, a review of the aforementioned examination findings note no current clinical right ankle diagnosis. Please review the aforementioned VA examination. Please clarify as to whether evidence supports a current diagnosis of a right ankle disorder. If so, please provide a diagnosis. If the evidence does not support a current diagnosis of a right ankle disorder, please so state. Please clarify as to whether there is objective pain on motion with regard to range of motion of the veteran's ankles. Also, please clarify as to whether the veteran's right Achilles tendon condition is a condition separate and distinct disability apart from right plantar fasciitis." RESPONSE: However, no diagnosis of the veteran's right ankle is shown. 1. Diagnosis is right achilles tendonitis M76.61 A review of ankle examination findings show that the examiner noted range of motion of the veteran's to demonstrate full range of motion. However, the examiner made no comment or assessment with regard to objective pain on motion with range of motion findings on examination. 2. Right ankle examination was normal, as was stated. ----------- [X] All Normal [ ] Abnormal or outside of normal range [ ] Unable to test (please explain) [ ] Not indicated (please explain) Dorsiflexion (0-20): 0 to 20 degrees Plantar Flexion (0-45): 0 to 45 degrees Is there evidence of pain with weight bearing? [ ] Yes [X] No Is there objective evidence of localized tenderness or pain on palpation of the joint or associated soft tissue? [ ] Yes [X] No Is there objective evidence of crepitus? [ ] Yes [X] No Also, please clarify as to whether the veteran's right Achilles tendon condition is a condition separate and distinct disability apart from right plantar fasciitis. Also, please clarify as to whether the veteran's right Achilles tendon condition is a condition separate and distinct disability apart from right plantar fasciitis. 3.Plantar fasciitis, a foot condition, is swelling and inflammation of the band of tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes, and can cause heel and sole pain. The Achilles tendon attaches the calf muscles to the heel. Achilles tendinitis, or tendinopathy, is an ankle conditon, caused by degenerative changes of the Achilles tendon that can manifest as swelling and inflammation, and can cause ankle and heel pain. They are separate conditions that may have similar symptoms. So, from what I see, they examiner was to opine the difference between plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis. And I believe she did it. Now, well see if they are rated separate or together, plantar vs Achilles, Hamslice  

Vync

Allergic Rhinitis And Sinusitis

7 posts in this topic

In celebration of the pollen season, details first, questions second, rating tables third...

Details:

I am SC for allergic rhinitis (max rating, with polyps, -10% for pre-existing condition) and also have a very long documented history of sinusitis while on active duty and have had periodic flare ups annually ever since.

Condition is visible on x-rays. I require near constant medication to keep the allergic rhinitis and sinusitis under a resemblance of control. They both are pretty bad all the time, but it becomes much more of a problem during pollen season.

It impacts all of my sinus regions. I also have enlarged turbinates and a deviated septum, which add to the problem.

Symptoms: Sinus congestion, white-yellow drainage, headaches, pain/tenderness, periodic bleeding, upper respiratory/sinus infections

Daily medication: Loratadine, Nasonex steorid spray, Phenylephrine antihistamine spray, Saline spray, Saline rinse

Periodic treatments: Benadryl, presnisone steroid cycles, 2-4 week courses of antibiotics (bactrim, augmentin, septra, etc...), pain medication for accompanying headaches

Bed rest: Not typically required

Questions:

1. Is it possible to also be SC for sinusitis or would that be considered pyramiding?

2. Based on the description of my sinus history and treatments, what estimated rating would I fall under?

Schedule of Ratings tables for Sinusitis and Allergic Rhinitis:

6510 Sinusitis, pansinusitis, chronic.

6511 Sinusitis, ethmoid, chronic.

6512 Sinusitis, frontal, chronic.

6513 Sinusitis, maxillary, chronic.

6514 Sinusitis, sphenoid, chronic.

General Rating Formula for Sinusitis (DC’s 6510 through 6514):

50% Following radical surgery with chronic osteomyelitis, or; near constant sinusitis characterized by headaches, pain and tenderness of affected sinus, and purulent discharge or crusting after repeated surgeries

30% Three or more incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis requiring prolonged (lasting four to six weeks) antibiotic treatment, or; more than six non-incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis characterized by headaches, pain, and purulent discharge or crusting

One or two incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis requiring prolonged (lasting four to six weeks) antibiotic treatment, or; three to six non-incapacitating episodes per year of sinusitis characterized by headaches, pain, and purulent discharge or crusting 10

0% Detected by X-ray only

Note: An incapacitating episode of sinusitis means one that requires bed rest and treatment by a physician.

6522 Allergic or vasomotor rhinitis:

30% With polyps

10% Without polyps, but with greater than 50-percent obstruction of nasal passage on both sides or complete obstruction on one side

Vync: You say you have a deviated septom, was this due to trauma; ie: broken nose. If so, then you should be elligeble for another 10% and your Allergic Rinitis and Chronic Sinisits can be secondary issue that are exaserbated by the result of the Trauma.

The Deviated Septum causes a malformation of the air passages and can cause Symtoms that are alike in nature to the symtoms of Rynitis and/or Sinusitis.

You will need good evidence and an IME and IMO to give weight to the IMO and Nexus statement. I wish you luck as I am going through the same problems, My claim is at the DRO and has been their for about a year now or maybe less but not by much.

Rockhound Rider :D

Yes, it's deviated. I cannot remember if it was from trauma or not. I will need to dig through my medical records again to find out.

I hope your DRO claim goes well.

I believe the percentage evaluation will also be dependent on medical evidence such as MRI or CT showing the AMOUNT of blockage.

carlie

When I was originally SC, they did a CT scan and found blockage to be 100% on one side and 75% on the other. Still need to dig through my mountain of med records to see if I have it documented.

Vync: Check your PM, I hope the information may be of help in your claim. For those interested in this information I will try and attach it hear. It is about eleven pages and deals with symptom associated with structural changes of the Nasal passages, such as Deveated Septom with or without pollops.

Rockhound Rider :)

Structural_causes_of_nsal_symptoms_An_Overview.doc