• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CoolHandDevil505

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm kind of confused and concerned about this one...

I submitted my VA Disability claim for multiple items way back in 2011.  I got a very bad CP exam doc who denied everything despite nearly 20 years of treatment by civilian docs for some of the issues.  In 2012 I appealed with a notice of disagreement. In the meantime a doctor at the VA was willing to help with the paperwork for the TBI and filled it out which sped up that portion - I ended up getting  10% for tinnitus, 40% for the TBI residuals (memory and concentration) and 30% for migraines/headaches. 

What is still on the original appeal is my feet/ankles & knees from an injury as well as left hand from putting a screwdriver through it.  It's been sitting in the 1st stage appeal limbo basket for nearly 5 years. Fast forward to 2016 - suddenly I find out that my original disability claim has been sent to Washington DC to the Board of Veteran Appeals.  Wow - what a shocker as I was expecting at least another exam.

They said it will go before a judge.  What concerns me is that it's my original claim, including the TBI issues.  Will everything be reviewed and is it possible to lose what I have?  I thought it should have been only for the items still in appeal.

Is this whole " straight to the board of Veteran Appeals" right from the initial C/P disagreement a normal thing?   Thanks for any insight.  
    • Oh, okay. Either way, the VSO should be able to view the letter on Monday. Thanks.
    • Thanks I think from now I'm just going to try and forget it cause it's more stress then what I need right now.  And my VSO that started this left and the new one is clueless 
    • Did I write something that sounded harsh? If so, I didn't mean for anything to come across that way. I was just verifying the info seeing if you could figure out what it might be.
    • I have no idea what the letter is regarding and what it says.  Until then, I can't give you an answer.  I was simply making sure the other poster that stated what he stated understood that if the VA erred on a disability rating and the Veteran was getting over paid for it, the Veteran is not obligated to pay it back.

Cruinthe

Do You Have A Va Horror Story?

18 posts in this topic

My story is over at vawatchdog due to my VARO sending me a VCAA regarding a "menstrual disorder". I am male, and I am service-connected for prostatitis.

The Fox news editor asked me if I know of anyone else with VA horror stories. Now is our time to stand up and be counted, people.

Mail me glennmcbride@gmail.com for more info.

A lot of folks call it baffonery. I call it a carefully coreograph scripted production. No one can be that stupid, not even Forrest Gump. We have some members here who if they would comne forward would make you sit back and flat cry like a baby. In my 10 + years at Hadit, I have seen thousands of claims and have witnessed some amazing denials. Many of these folks waited years to get rated as we all watched each episode of their claims.

I am not surprised as the answers we get from the RO. The craziest one I have heard is a Vet was sent a SSOC stating he was deceased, yet he is still alive today.

J

I think there are plenty of horror stories, but since most Veterans are aware of the VA's "ability to retaliate" on Veteran's, they arent talking. The VA can deny, reduce, delay or even shred Veterans claims, and the Veteran simply has no recourse, as it would appear that VA employees are "exempt" from prosecution. Consider the Cleveland RO manager. The Cleveland RO is one of the worst in the country to Veterans, and also one of the worst at shredding evidence. So, what happens to that manager? She was promoted to the VA Central Office.

Sources:

http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/04/...k_vasil_of.html

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfdec08/nf120408-1.htm

I think there are plenty of horror stories, but since most Veterans are aware of the VA's "ability to retaliate" on Veteran's, they arent talking. The VA can deny, reduce, delay or even shred Veterans claims, and the Veteran simply has no recourse....

I think broncovet hit the nail on the head here. It's too bad, because getting the truth out into the light would likely be the best hope of change, but who can risk losing what they've fought so hard for?

If we could dare, if we could be sure the VA could never flag us as 'troublesome', there would be thousands and thousands of voices. But instead we're forced to stay silent, speaking up only in places like this web board.

Edited to add: I wonder if the opposite is also true, and if going on the news and singing the praises of the VA would get a veteran flagged as a 'good doobie' and grease the wheels for them?

Edited by hedgey

I doubt it. Since this whole kerfuffle started, the VA has ignored my request for fibromyalgia and IBS, and it attempting to lower my rating for Chronic Prostatitis that I have had since 1993. No good deed goes unpunished.

I am willing to make this sacrifice, though, even if it costs me some of percentages. Time will tell.

My story is over at vawatchdog due to my VARO sending me a VCAA regarding a "menstrual disorder". I am male, and I am service-connected for prostatitis.

The Fox news editor asked me if I know of anyone else with VA horror stories. Now is our time to stand up and be counted, people.

Mail me glennmcbride@gmail.com for more info.

VA said i was married never was, but claimed they had my marriage certificate, then told me they didn't recieve my records, when the other ones in the same envelope were there...asked to see my c file, they said no