• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tyr

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Mike I guess I don't understand your post?  what is it that your asking? Is it you don't want to have a PTSD Diagnoses?  With PTSD Claims you will need to verify your  in service stressor's  this is the reason you have PTSD. Do you want a MH claim? or to have your MH Claim not to have you listed with PTSD?  They are other means of MH not to be consider PTSD like MMD or Depression, Unspecific Disorder's  ect,,ect,,, ''On statement  in support of claim''   this is where you can write down your stressor's use extra sheets of paper if needed attach it to the form  tell your story of the event time and place. you don't need to answer  each and every question on the form  just leave it blank or just put''does not apply''  Use buddy statements they will help verify these events  or  records of morning reports, Duty reports MOS Any type of Gov document that puts you in the time a place of the claimed event. PTSD is nothing to be Ashamed of  it happens to millions of soldiers, and you should be compensated for your service & sacrifice to your country.
    • Wayne, for the first two years of use I was directed to bring my CPAP machine into my VAMC every 6 months.  They would take the card out and read and record the results.  The information on the card tells them the average usage time per night.  They ask you if you are having any problems with it, if you are getting better sleep, do you have dry mouth, did you change the filter, etc.  I have not been contacted for almost a  year now. I would not worry about it.
    • I don't think you need to worry with ebenfits  if you submitted your documents there there. to ease your mind yes go ahead and send copies in snail mail  with return sign receipts (greencard)  I did both with my claim. In e benefits they should ask you if you have any more evidence you have to submit please submit them now before they do a final prep for final decision.  If you don't get that letter in mail or on benefits  then just make sure yourself you have sent them everything you want them to have and  hope they read. Its up to you if you want to tell your VSO they miss spelled a word  but if it was me it looks close enough and leave well enough alone. That would be up to you & your VSO
    • I submitted documents on ebenefits and it showed them all under the submitted documents tab. Ebenefits was updated and all the submitted documents disappeared from the submitted documents tab. Should I mail in copies? Also, on my list of disabilities it says I'm appealing rhinitis when I just started that claim. My appeal was for sinusitis. I put eustachian tube dysfunction for a secondary but the VA spelled it "estachian". Should I tell my VSO they may be messing up my claim?
    • As Berta noted, its really the information they want that is contained on the form, that happens to have "PTSD" in the title.   There isn't a "Statement in Support of Claim for Stressors, but not PTSD stressors" form yet :)

yelloownumber5

Lumbar Strain, Bulging Disc, Herniated Disc

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can a lumbar strain be a connection to a herniated lumbar disc?

Edited by yelloownumber5

Yes, I think it can be the result of a severe strain. If you have good evidence of treatment and DX for a back strain in service and have any evidence of on-going treatment or symptoms then I think you can get SC. Back problems usually get worse with time, so if you hurt your back in service and now it has degenerated into herniation you should be able to get that SC'ed. What you need is a medical statement from a back doctor saying the strain led to the herniations.

Actually a Lumbar strain is a precurser to herniated disks. That would be the event that caused a herniation.

J

The VA doesn't like to change classifications....at least not for me. I am rated Lumbar Strain and have 5 or 6 herniated discs and they have been leaving me rated on the strain.

Yes, I think it can be the result of a severe strain. If you have good evidence of treatment and DX for a back strain in service and have any evidence of on-going treatment or symptoms then I think you can get SC. Back problems usually get worse with time, so if you hurt your back in service and now it has degenerated into herniation you should be able to get that SC'ed. What you need is a medical statement from a back doctor saying the strain led to the herniations.

Exactly what happened to me, I hurt my back in service in 88. Went to sick call diagnosed with Lumbar strain and now about 20 years later I have 3 herniated disc nerve damage and left leg is growing smaller due to not able to use it. Chiorpractor self meds back surgery and stimulator implant the back is a funny animal. I had not thought one event could lead to the hell I have experinced but hang in there. I am living proof that you can get the back tied in to SC. I would add that the VA used everything they could to deny me but I only offer is do nto give up. I would also add letters of support from people family friends helped me also. The surgery I cannot tell you to do but I am going to try it as I am burnt out hurting and falling all of the time. Good luck...

The VA doesn't like to change classifications....at least not for me. I am rated Lumbar Strain and have 5 or 6 herniated discs and they have been leaving me rated on the strain.

Get a second and a third medical opinion I am not an expert but it took me a while to nail down the exact cuase of what went down with my back. Apply for an increase if you have not did so and use the civillian Docs if you can because so far I had no luck with the VA. Have a good weekend and hang in there us people with bad backs understand. Adios...