• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    OIFusmc

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Killemall, The Regional office used the examination for re-evaluation as the C&P.  I discovered this as it was annotated in my medical notes that I was able to view via Blue Button in MyHealEVet. The rating ended up being:
      50% Bi-Lateral Hearing Loss / Word Recognition
      10% Tinnitus
      =VA math 55%, rounded up to 60%.
      This is a fair and accurate representation of my SC hearing loss and how it effects my life and work. However, the PTSD-MST claim was denied without the use of a C&P, as I did not officially report the crime while in the Army back in 1984.  The rater simply made an incorrect decision, which was absolutely devastating to me.  I don't expect the rater to fully understand how this could happen to a man and not be officially reported. No one deserves to understand that first hand.  It took me a few months to write up a short statement of disagreement as instructed by my VSO.   Interestingly, the VA (Medical / Physiological) division of the US Government, consisting of Clinical Psychiatrists and other experts in the field, believe I need intensive and specific treatment for my PTSD-MST.  So on November 6th, I will be heading to another VA inpatient PTSD facility located in Virginia for seven weeks.   This particular program is a tertiary referral center which has a division that specializes specifically on male MST cases like mine, which the Regional Office rater said does not exist due to lack of documentation. This matter will now last for many more painful years and I vow to never give up, just like when this unthinkable crime against me was committed.  I apologize for going off topic. BTW, this is the place I am headed to in November:  http://www1.va.gov/directory/guide/facility.asp?ID=116    
    • I recently learned how donating blood was good for (many people, not everyone)  Men, especially, tend to have too much iron.  (Women lose Iron from menstration, so its rarely a problem for women to have too much iron)  If you have too much iron, its bad for your health, it can even be life threatening.   http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hemochromatosis/home/ovc-20167289 I was a bit suprised they would "take" my blood after I read about the health benefits of donating blood.   I answered all the questions honestly, and they took my blood.  They did a iron test, first, to see if my iron was low. (finger poke).    I donated blood locally, NOT through VA.   Remember, VA has to get you to sign a consent form to get medical information about you other than the VAMC's.      Here are a few health benefits of donating blood:  It reduces cancer risk, is heart healthy, and can be good for other organs also, especially for men with hi iron.   I read where "old blood" is "sticky" and tends to clot.  When you give blood, your body makes more "new" blood, which is slicker and is less likely to form blood clots.   Of course, you dont want to donate blood too often.  My area only allows you to donate whole blood every 56 days.  (2 months).    http://www.medicaldaily.com/why-donating-blood-good-your-health-246379
    • http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/copy-machine/n10022 "making copies", the Richmeister the copy machine guy, FWIW, Hamslice    
    • We dont know your PCP, so we dont know if she will help.  But, you need to seek treatment for ED for 2 reasons. First, for your wife, and secondly for the money.  (SMC K).  If you could do the Wild Monkey before the PTSD meds, and the Wild Monkey Dance is gone now, then that is a pretty obvious link.   If you want compensation for SMC K, you need it documented.  So you should start with your PCP.  If your PCP does not have experience/does not treat ED, then you should ask for a referral to someone who does.  
    • I like the ideas of how to safeguard your medical and service records.  I still employ a paper/electronic system.  I like the combo approach with redundancies.  Believe you me it has come in handy several times already and once BVA hearing approaches, well I have a few green cards with the Regional Office and Evidence Intake Centers signature all over it.  Can't deny an item wasn't received if you have a signature to prove it.  Not to give cudos to the VA but the e-filing of claims through e-benefits has not failed me yet, well other than consistent access but you can see and load both ways on submitted evidence.  Confirmation of submission and acceptance are a nice facet.   Still even in this digital world, I would suggest the same in regards to records.  Keep a hardcopy, have one on a drive, jump drive, online server, and for kicks throw a media copy in a safety deposit box.  You never know. The one thing I would suggest with the online methods is to make sure the encryption and back up redundant systems are to your satisfaction and meet new technological standards.

alexx

Cavc Remand

15 posts in this topic

Just wondering if any one knows whats happens after CAVC remands my case?

What are the odds the VA will pay up?

Will it take another 5 years before i hear something back?

If someone could review my case and give me an idea what to expect next.

Just wondering if any one knows whats happens after CAVC remands my case?

What are the odds the VA will pay up?

Will it take another 5 years before i hear something back?

Alexx,

Did they remand with instructions?

Mike

It goes back to your VARO or sometimes the AMC if it came from there. Rermands are supposed to have some kind of priority.

alexx,

You can post your case minus the personal info such as name, SSA number, etc...

and probably get some responses on it.

I am moving this topic to the Claims/Benefits Research Forum.

carlie

I am echoing what Mike asked-is there anything they asked the VA to do that you could do yourself?

Often a CAVC remand can open the door for more evidence- a CAVC remand is far better then a final CAVC denial.

Odd thing about CAVC-I had a case there many years ago and immediately got phone calls and letters from lawyers.I asked one of them how he learned of my case. As soon as a case goes on the CAVC docket it becomes public info with name, address, etc of the claimant.

All cases are listed there at the CAVC web site with this information.

It would be great if we could read the case-you can cover or edit the personal info to scan and post here as Carlie suggested-or if we have your last name and/or the CAVC docket number we can read it off the CAVC web site.

The CAVC site has no C file or SSA numbers at all- just our name and address.I think if you advise the CAVC prior to their preparing the Docket that you want to remain anonymous, they will still post the case but maybe just under an initial or something.

Did you have legal representation at the CAVC?

I helped a lawyer with his first CAVC case.He got a remand for the vet and was thrilled with that.

The claim was not a good one at all and I found errors that the BVA made that caused the remand.Legal errors by the BVA that had to be resolved.

With the remand however- if the vet could send more evidence - then there was a slight possibility of success.This case was not remanded on merit but on error.

Still a remand at this level is not easy and I commend you for getting one from the CAVC.

Edited by Berta

sorry it has taken so long to get back but this is my Case Number:09-636 at the cavc.

Any help would be greatfull.

A lil side note: I opened a new claim (same conditions) at the same time i appealed to the cavc. The RO did give me another 10% for the left ankle(not sure if that helps or hurts)