VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cavc Remand

Rate this question

alexx

Question

Just wondering if any one knows whats happens after CAVC remands my case?

What are the odds the VA will pay up?

Will it take another 5 years before i hear something back?

If someone could review my case and give me an idea what to expect next.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Just wondering if any one knows whats happens after CAVC remands my case?

What are the odds the VA will pay up?

Will it take another 5 years before i hear something back?

Alexx,

Did they remand with instructions?

Mike

• HadIt.com Elder

It goes back to your VARO or sometimes the AMC if it came from there. Rermands are supposed to have some kind of priority.

alexx,

You can post your case minus the personal info such as name, SSA number, etc...

and probably get some responses on it.

I am moving this topic to the Claims/Benefits Research Forum.

carlie

I am echoing what Mike asked-is there anything they asked the VA to do that you could do yourself?

Often a CAVC remand can open the door for more evidence- a CAVC remand is far better then a final CAVC denial.

Odd thing about CAVC-I had a case there many years ago and immediately got phone calls and letters from lawyers.I asked one of them how he learned of my case. As soon as a case goes on the CAVC docket it becomes public info with name, address, etc of the claimant.

All cases are listed there at the CAVC web site with this information.

It would be great if we could read the case-you can cover or edit the personal info to scan and post here as Carlie suggested-or if we have your last name and/or the CAVC docket number we can read it off the CAVC web site.

The CAVC site has no C file or SSA numbers at all- just our name and address.I think if you advise the CAVC prior to their preparing the Docket that you want to remain anonymous, they will still post the case but maybe just under an initial or something.

Did you have legal representation at the CAVC?

I helped a lawyer with his first CAVC case.He got a remand for the vet and was thrilled with that.

The claim was not a good one at all and I found errors that the BVA made that caused the remand.Legal errors by the BVA that had to be resolved.

With the remand however- if the vet could send more evidence - then there was a slight possibility of success.This case was not remanded on merit but on error.

Still a remand at this level is not easy and I commend you for getting one from the CAVC.

Edited by Berta

sorry it has taken so long to get back but this is my Case Number:09-636 at the cavc.

Any help would be greatfull.

A lil side note: I opened a new claim (same conditions) at the same time i appealed to the cavc. The RO did give me another 10% for the left ankle(not sure if that helps or hurts)

The CAVC docket numbers usually have 4 digits after the hyphen-I could not find this case at the CAVC.