VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

pog

Question

I received a copy of my C and P examiners impression today. She wrote...

"It is at least as likely as not that the veterans current condition of obstructive sleep apnea existed during military service as evidenced by multiple buddy statements to support the presence of snoring, apnea and sleep disturbances during active duty, symptoms which are consistent with sleep apnea."

Does this mean Ill be rated for sleep apnea?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They will all check out. Only one was a buddy I served with. One was a homeowner who I was guest of, the other was my girlfriend at the time. When they check out the statements... I should be rated right since the CandP examiner said "at least as likely as not"?

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as the RO confirms the buddy statements. Buddy statements are actually lay statements and they can go either way. The C and P examiner only had the statements to go off of so if they VA cannot confirm them then you are in for a rough ride. It also depends ont he actual RO itself. Did you have the Buddy statements notarized as true statements, It is a good idea to do this when getting them.

J

No... She also had my sleep medicine physicians opinion who reviewed my medical records that "more likely than not" my sleep apnea was related to service as it was present but undiagnosed b/c of other medical issues. She listed my doctors note in the evidence she reviewed but was not in her "impression" where she said "at least as likely as not". I don't know why.