VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Combat-related Special Compensation

Rate this question

jazz991

Question

Can anyone explain Combat-Related Special Compensation to me? For example, is it based on your overall va rating? Or, for only the injuried knee etc, not for the overall rating? Thanks in advance.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Can anyone explain Combat-Related Special Compensation to me? For example, is it based on your overall va rating? Or, for only the injuried knee etc, not for the overall rating? Thanks in advance.

I know each branch of service has its own application procedures, but I imagine the rules are pretty much the same. My CRSC was filed with the Army. As far as I know, it is not based on your full VA disability rating.

The only items covered by CRSC are injuries or wounds received in combat or in combat type training. For instance, injuring a knee while running would not qualify, but hurting your back in a parachute jump might. Any combat injuries, including TBI and PTSD would be covered. I think you can do a search on your USAF website and find out more. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I know each branch of service has its own application procedures, but I imagine the rules are pretty much the same. My CRSC was filed with the Army. As far as I know, it is not based on your full VA disability rating.

The only items covered by CRSC are injuries or wounds received in combat or in combat type training. For instance, injuring a knee while running would not qualify, but hurting your back in a parachute jump might. Any combat injuries, including TBI and PTSD would be covered. I think you can do a search on your USAF website and find out more. Hope this helps! Good luck!

The Value of the CRSC Benefit:

DFAS pays CRSC based on the combined disability rating of combat-related disabilities as determined by your branch of service. Additionally, only combat-related disabilities for which you actually receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) compensation will be considered.

DFAS recently posted new information regarding changes associated with the National Defense Act of 2008. Visit the DFAS website to learn more. Follow the link below for more detailed information.

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-...al-compensation

All I can say is that ussually there is an ambassador that has the duty to help you fill out those claims, ours in the Army is the cicilian that works in the retirement section located in Bldg 1.

Good luck!