• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Wertle

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • THOMAS89031 What/Where is the CFR# that states a veteran don't need a 60% rating above the 100% to meet the criteria for SMC? They could be ''under special circumstances'' a veteran could qualify for SMC but thats all I know of? or'' loss of use '' possibly a disease like multiple sclerosis Housebound Benefits (Category S) Special Monthly Compensation under Category S is given if – The veteran is completely and permanently housebound, meaning that the veteran cannot leave his area of abode (this can include his own home, a hospital ward, or a care facility) at all, and this is expected to be the case for the rest of his life -AND- – The veteran has at least one condition rated 100% and another, unrelated condition rated 60% (different body system or different type of disability—can’t both affect the arm, etc. This one does not have to be service related.)  This Special Monthly Compensation is given INSTEAD of Special Monthly Compensation under Categories L through O.  
    • Reached out to doc about Aqua therapy. DENIED. . Now referred to physiatrist.  Now lets see how many different docs they will send me to. Lets the merry go round begin. 
    • I am confused the VA has just told me I can work my Union job because I have reasonable accomadations keeping me employed there. They want to get me P&T relating mostly for my TBI.
    • Hey. I'm 100% VA rated. So VA freaking owes me like $40K in back pay (by their own admission when they sent me my letter). And, my college age daughter who will graduate next semester (I've sent her school registration forms every semester for 3 1/2 years) is STILL not on my award.

I've called VA, written VA, called state VA (TX), called and written my Senators, Congressman, the VFW, attorneys, VSOs, and spent numerous hours on hold for VA to find out when I may possibly expect to see this corrected. All I get is: the VA is way behind, and new claims are processed first. I get it. But we're talking 40 THOUSAND DOLLARS!! I have had a car repossessed, my home foreclosed on, filed bankruptcy and currently have to live with my in-laws because that is all we can afford. When I said this to the state VA representative, he told me that since my bankruptcy was discharged already, and I am not technically homeless, and can drive my in-laws car, VA won't push my claim to the top because my life is not in "distress". WTF? I've lost everything. I'm seeing a shrink for depression, anxiety, and panic attacks, and have almost lost my marriage as well. Is there ANY organization, legal representation, or ANYONE who can help? Does any one out there give a f*ckin rat's a$$?! Thanks.
    • We will touch on the latest issue with the VA Suicide Hotline placing Veterans on Hold. This and other issues will be discussed by our panel.   Join is at 7:00pm eastern for this show. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2016/09/30/haditcom-blog-talk-veterans-radio-show-va-issues-with-suicide-hotline Basser

vet201060

Claim For Pes Planus(flat Feet)

11 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I have some questions about my flat feet claim to be. I was sent to physical therapy in the military 2004. They put in my medical records that I have flat feet and need orthotics. I was not aware of it til a week or so ago. I had a issue with my chronic back which is in the claim process for increase. I was sent to Physical Therapy fee based(VA pays for outside service). I was informed that my feet are flat and that I need orthotics. BTW, my entrance exam into the military(2000) stated that feet were normal. I went to my appointment with the podiatrist today. He did a cast of my feet for orthotics. I asked him about filing a va claim and he told me it is not service connected. He said most likely I have had this problem all my life. When I entered I never had any problems until 2004 to present. I have not ran since then because of it. I had been on a profile most of the time. He discouraged me from filing a claim for flat feet. My question is "Should I file a claim?".

He also told me that flat feet dont cause problems with ankles, knees, or back. My physical therapist tells me otherwise. I also believe that if you have a bad foundation(feet) with anything it with make more stress on everything else. Please help me with this guys and gals. Thanks for everything. BTW, the Doc(podiatrist) is only there 2 days a week(contract). He was a nice guy though. I asked him about the claim because he is a disabled vet himself. I need to see what he put in my medical record for today. I was shocked by what he said. Why would they make me orthotics if my feet dont cause any problems? Is he full of crap? Thanks for hearing me out!

File a claim I got 30% and I had been out for over 20 years

Hey Pete, Do you have orthotics from the VA? Thanks for the reply.

File a claim I got 30% and I had been out for over 20 years

They issue me some shoes that don't help. I wear croc's most of the time.

Its kind of weird arch supports really hurt my feet and also give me blisters. My feet are really flat by the way and big about 14 D's

I can't tell you how it will end. But I have filed a claim for flat feet. My entry exam stated Mild asymptomatic. In 2002, I was rated Pes Planus (flat feet). During my claim I was denied flat feet, it stated I was rated on my entry exam as having mild asymptomatic condition. I filed my appeal stated first it has worsen due to service, second under the code of federal regulation chapter 38 section 4 item 22 states The condition at the time of entry will be subtracted from the condition that is being claimed. Well mild asymptomatic is 0 percent, while bilateral flat feet are rated at 50 percent. I have not gotten my appeal back, but i will inform you all when it get the returns...CLAIM IT...

I have bilateral flat feet rated at 30% since 1991