VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim For Pes Planus(flat Feet)

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

Hello guys, I have some questions about my flat feet claim to be. I was sent to physical therapy in the military 2004. They put in my medical records that I have flat feet and need orthotics. I was not aware of it til a week or so ago. I had a issue with my chronic back which is in the claim process for increase. I was sent to Physical Therapy fee based(VA pays for outside service). I was informed that my feet are flat and that I need orthotics. BTW, my entrance exam into the military(2000) stated that feet were normal. I went to my appointment with the podiatrist today. He did a cast of my feet for orthotics. I asked him about filing a va claim and he told me it is not service connected. He said most likely I have had this problem all my life. When I entered I never had any problems until 2004 to present. I have not ran since then because of it. I had been on a profile most of the time. He discouraged me from filing a claim for flat feet. My question is "Should I file a claim?".

He also told me that flat feet dont cause problems with ankles, knees, or back. My physical therapist tells me otherwise. I also believe that if you have a bad foundation(feet) with anything it with make more stress on everything else. Please help me with this guys and gals. Thanks for everything. BTW, the Doc(podiatrist) is only there 2 days a week(contract). He was a nice guy though. I asked him about the claim because he is a disabled vet himself. I need to see what he put in my medical record for today. I was shocked by what he said. Why would they make me orthotics if my feet dont cause any problems? Is he full of crap? Thanks for hearing me out!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

They issue me some shoes that don't help. I wear croc's most of the time.

Its kind of weird arch supports really hurt my feet and also give me blisters. My feet are really flat by the way and big about 14 D's

I can't tell you how it will end. But I have filed a claim for flat feet. My entry exam stated Mild asymptomatic. In 2002, I was rated Pes Planus (flat feet). During my claim I was denied flat feet, it stated I was rated on my entry exam as having mild asymptomatic condition. I filed my appeal stated first it has worsen due to service, second under the code of federal regulation chapter 38 section 4 item 22 states The condition at the time of entry will be subtracted from the condition that is being claimed. Well mild asymptomatic is 0 percent, while bilateral flat feet are rated at 50 percent. I have not gotten my appeal back, but i will inform you all when it get the returns...CLAIM IT...

Good luck on that claim. I entered service with normal feet in 2000. 2003 or 2004 had major shin splints sent to physical therapy. They told me I have flat feet and I need orthotics. Seperated from active duty DEC 3006 went to reserves till May 2008. I worked as a USPS mail city carrier from Aug 2007 to Sept 2008. I had issues with my feet(planter fachetis SP?) and could not continue with the post office so I did voc rehab for a while. Got a job with the Army Corps of Engineers and have had to see a physical therapist for my back. He told me I was in need of orthotics(flat feet). He thought they gradually became flat. I would consider it a chronic issue for me. My feet are not a major pain for me though. My back is and I have pain in ankles and knees quite often. My knees also buckle on me. I have fell a few times. Most of the time I catch myself. It is very annoying. I feel like my whole body is falling apart. I am only 31. I am sure the VAMC is tired of me because of all these issues I am addressing finally. I have been very worried about losing my job due to these issues plus being on the job for less than a year. I want to work. I really like my job and it pays really well. Thanks for the post guys

I can't tell you how it will end. But I have filed a claim for flat feet. My entry exam stated Mild asymptomatic. In 2002, I was rated Pes Planus (flat feet). During my claim I was denied flat feet, it stated I was rated on my entry exam as having mild asymptomatic condition. I filed my appeal stated first it has worsen due to service, second under the code of federal regulation chapter 38 section 4 item 22 states The condition at the time of entry will be subtracted from the condition that is being claimed. Well mild asymptomatic is 0 percent, while bilateral flat feet are rated at 50 percent. I have not gotten my appeal back, but i will inform you all when it get the returns...CLAIM IT...