VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Troubled Vets ‘iced,’ Booted From Us

The law is the law, after all are we not a nation of people that desire the rule of law?? The United States has the most liberal immigration laws in the free world so what is the challenge? If a natural born citizen of this country violates the law then that citizen is liable for either criminal or civil prosecution. Why should an illegal immigrant be treated differently?? How many immigrants have legally served in our armed forces and are then granted citizenship?? I don't get it my fellow veterans. Did not each one of us sign a blank check payable to Uncle Sam upon enlistment and swear under oath to protect and uphold the laws of the United States of America?? Does that not include the Federal immigration laws?? Or are we talking about "States Rights" here?? One of my best friends in the Corps was KIA in RVN in 1966, he was an Hispanic from Brownsville Texas, and he gave his life for the USA and it's rule of law. I don't believe this should be a topic for discussion on this forum, too political!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The law is the law, after all are we not a nation of people that desire the rule of law?? The United States has the most liberal immigration laws in the free world so what is the challenge? If a natural born citizen of this country violates the law then that citizen is liable for either criminal or civil prosecution. Why should an illegal immigrant be treated differently?? How many immigrants have legally served in our armed forces and are then granted citizenship?? I don't get it my fellow veterans. Did not each one of us sign a blank check payable to Uncle Sam upon enlistment and swear under oath to protect and uphold the laws of the United States of America?? Does that not include the Federal immigration laws?? Or are we talking about "States Rights" here?? One of my best friends in the Corps was KIA in RVN in 1966, he was an Hispanic from Brownsville Texas, and he gave his life for the USA and it's rule of law. I don't believe this should be a topic for discussion on this forum, too political!!

I agree, pigdriver. However, " When in the course of human events" ...sometimes the laws need to be changed.

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't give up your human rights when you raise your right hand. It may seem like it, but you still have rights. You commanding officer can't have you shot because he does not like the color of your eyes. The laws were written by human beings and can be changed the same way. God did not write the Constitution like the Ten Commandments on a stone tablet. 160 years ago slavery was legal according to the Constitution. People changed that part of the Constitution. A soldier who serves in a combat zone and gets a PH for the USA and then is deported is wrong. He should do his jail time, but don't kick a vet out after prison. He earned his citizenship the hard way. Deport all those draft dodgers in congress first.

I think a stint in the military should be a way to "buy" citizenship.

It's doing a whole lot more than many who were born here.

Here's a video clip I shot near Salton Sea on a Monday morning around 8 am. It shows field workers RUNNING with their baskets of peppers:

Video clip here

Tell me you're going to find citizens to do that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Kelly

Picking fruit is ass busting work. I picked oranges in Florida one summer when I was about 17. I got heat exhaustion the first day. Americans are not going to do that kind of work. You don't get paid by the hour. Your get paid by the bucket. I made $3 dollars for picking all day. I quit. The illegals pick all the crops. I notice they don't put growers in jail who hire the illegals. If some guy with a green card like my cousin serves in combat zone he should get citizenship as veteran benefit. Foreign nationals do serve in our military. I bet there are illegals in our military serving in Iraq.