VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Denied

Rate this topic

bguerrero

The stroke is service connected along with the hypertension.

I often times seek the help of the VA website and their studies themselves to aupport a claim and or as information when I am dealing with my PCP. It seems to be that many times she will just blow off a question as to is this related to that and I have to direct her to proof direct from the VA. Now she checks before I ask.

Anyhow the below link has direct support for your question of a connection between sleep apenea and stroke:

http://www.ciebp.research.va.gov/docs/Go_To_Sleep.pdf

I hope this helps.

"I often times seek the help of the VA website and their studies themselves to aupport a claim and or as information when I am dealing with my PCP"

This is an excellent point. I use the BVA daily and have done that since it went on line.

When one studies the decisions there- they can get a good idea on the thinking patterns of the BVA lawyers.BVA lawyers, since they are lawyers and not RO employees, focus solely on evidence.I have read very few decisions at the BVA in over 20 years that I find appear to be highly inaccurate. If the vet appeals to the CAVC those decision-if inaccurate-can be vacated .

I have learned probably much more from BVA denials than I learned from awarded claims.

Awarded claims (mine is a good example)-only mention a brief synopsis of the evidence.I was a little disappointed that all of the meticulous evidence I had accumulated over the years was not referenced much at all.It could have helped someone with similiar claim.Then again- the VA (per NVLSP) never had a similiar claim like mine.

All the more reason for me to wish it had all been memorialized at the BVA web site.It was lots of hard work- and that is what pays off in the end.

• 6 years later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

way to go bguerrero

Persistence & Information from hadit members such as Ms berta & other hadit members pays off.

I'll put this post in  success stories .

Congratulations on a long awaited Award Buddy.

Edited by Buck52

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use