VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Deferred For 1 Day

Rate this question

djweaz

Question

Hey guys Im really confused at this. first time I ever went in front of the board. C+P exam scheduled 3 hours lasted 4.5 with Doc saying it was the longest C+P he had ever done. As I was leaving he handed me some ptsd groups papers and told about different locations to go to group.

C+P was in March I got it in May. The question I have is my paperwork said I was rated at 80% IU was deferred. The very next day I get a letter from the VA stating "We are working on your claim for IU" I figured I guess they are starting it for me. I went to the DAV to find out what was going on He told me that they probably already considered me IU but that form needs filled out to put in the file. I told them I was afraid to send it in that I would have to go thru everything again exams boards and so on. If I had to go thru it again I wouldnt file. Im afraid they will say they made a mistake and take it from me. My DAV rep said that it could happen but he had only seen one case in over 10 yrs. I asked about the exam and he said considering I just took it that t was likely they wouldnt schedule another. He pulled my C+P exam and the Doctor stated not working do to disability since 2003. He does not see me going back to work or getting better. The DAV told me he couldnt it say if I would get it or not but they cant say it because someone would sue them for not getting it. He did state though "When/err if you get this com back and talk to me we would discuss all the benefits" He also told me to file for social security I know its not a given to get one and get the other but he said with a DR report that I have and its wording sure would be alot easier. He also stated that claims take 6 months minimum but he said due to the wordng on my report and the recentness of everything look about three months. he said at 70% the reality is many are not going to work the higher it goes the fewer work

What do you think or how long? Oh yeah I am rated for PTSD and it was my first time in front of a board.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its usually 60 to 90 days after C&P. Looks like you got a good Doc but still you should go to the Release of Information and ask for a copy.