VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automatic 100%

ZenArcher

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

........ah, yeah.......it's a "proposed" rule that has not been enacted yet............and, it states in the "proposal" that any veteran WITH SERVICE-CONNECTED ALS should receive 100%.

And, I know that for some of us that term "service-connected" does NOT mean anything but years of hassle and denials. I'm SURE, though, that the VA would NEVER drag their feet when it comes to hurrying up and paying 100% disability to some veteran with a FATAL disease........................as long as they are "service-connected".....................

I'm sorry, I know that you wanted to post some "good news", and I appreciate that.........I'm just suffering from a terminal case of "realism", acquired from over-exposure to the VA. :blink:

I hate to have to say this both for reasons of pride and for vets with ALS but Larry is correct this ruling is not yet in effect. I must say though that in almost all cases I've been involved in thus far the VA has been very responsive to vets with ALS.

I'm not trying to stir things up here but the language has me concerned where it mentions the "service connected" aspect of the illness.

Before this language ALS was considered a presumptive illness and now I see the "service connected" language inserted.

Is this a change of course? or lazy language? or of no concern? And why?