• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jim Cockerham

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • My heater man is a vet and asked me where he needs to send his I-9. He deals with Buffalo like I do and does not want DRO review etc. I am 99% sure he needs to mail it to the Buffalo VARO with proof of mailing and I dont think ebenefits can accept an I-9 appeal on line. But I feel better checking with you guys. VA makes me even doubt what I think I know sometimes. I also believe he does Not need to waive further RO consideration formally. I gave him our web site info and he said he would join.
    • A thought, a few friends and family members (like 4/5) have experienced my full blown night terrors. I'd sleep over my sisters or my mom n Dad's house while on vacation and they told me the next day they heard me scream, hear me moving/jumping in bed and both my Mom n sister told me they would come in the room speak softly to me and clam me down to end my night terror and sleep at peace. Would it help if I asked them to write up a letter detailing this?  Having lived with this alone/hiding not letting it out, I've been so low in my life, I'm still in pain and have a way long way to go but the help I am receiving at the VA is heaven sent, a non-judgemental environment, with other veterans and the people there to help and veterans who listen ( Im crying now) literally are saving me from either living in purgatory or the other option- which morally and from god I am against and my daughter I know needs me
    • Sorry duplicate post.
    • I found this article on Fully developed claims and it included a checklist which is what I've been looking for.  However its on a VA website so Im skeptical of trusting what it says. Does anyone thats familiar with the FDC process see anything wrong with this article? I'm about to file my first FDC for a new condition, (meneires disease), and want to make sure this time I file a VA claim, I don't screw it up like I did my first attempt.  http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/9648/get-the-fastest-claim-decision-file-a-fully-developed-claim/  

BD Webb

How Long Will Decision Letter Take

27 posts in this topic

My rating decision was completed on June 15. It is with the reviewer. What is the timeline on that? I am just trying to figure out when I should receive my letter as my house burned down, but I still get mail there. We are in an emergency apartment, and believe me, it is not where I want to be. It's crazy here.

BD,

I also go thru St. Pete RO and isn't known to move too quick but hopefully it won't be too much longer for you.

I'll certainly cross my fingers for 30-60 days.

carlie

If you have a POA that has an office at the regional office, then you should be able to contact them and they can tell you before you get the letter.

if it is an award, watch the bank account as the money often beats the letter.

Good Luck.

J

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but what is a POA? I did have a private attorney fight for me, that was the only way I won my case. I have been fighting this for 6 years. That's how long it took me with 2 appeals in order to win. But I did elect direct deposit so I will watch the bank.

Another stupid question is do you think it will be soon? (lol) Thank all of you for your replies. Blessings come when you least expect them.

Basically a POA is a rep who has your power of attorney. I was speaking of a Veteran Service officer like the AL or t he DAV. These folks have offices int he VARO's and can get their hands on decisions fairly quick.

We use several Acronyms here at Hadit and we do confuse some folks.

Its like learning another language.

Once you get used to it you will be ratttling off the VA verbola like a real pro.

J

Question. Since the reviewer is checking over the rater, and has been doing it since the 15, how long do you think it will be before I see some funds? Is it taking long because they have to go back six years?

And yes you are right. I will pick up on the lingo quickly cause I will be here for ever now (lol)