VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Will Decision Letter Take

Rate this question

BD Webb

Question

My rating decision was completed on June 15. It is with the reviewer. What is the timeline on that? I am just trying to figure out when I should receive my letter as my house burned down, but I still get mail there. We are in an emergency apartment, and believe me, it is not where I want to be. It's crazy here.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

BD,

I also go thru St. Pete RO and isn't known to move too quick but hopefully it won't be too much longer for you.

I'll certainly cross my fingers for 30-60 days.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a POA that has an office at the regional office, then you should be able to contact them and they can tell you before you get the letter.

if it is an award, watch the bank account as the money often beats the letter.

Good Luck.

J

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but what is a POA? I did have a private attorney fight for me, that was the only way I won my case. I have been fighting this for 6 years. That's how long it took me with 2 appeals in order to win. But I did elect direct deposit so I will watch the bank.

Another stupid question is do you think it will be soon? (lol) Thank all of you for your replies. Blessings come when you least expect them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Basically a POA is a rep who has your power of attorney. I was speaking of a Veteran Service officer like the AL or t he DAV. These folks have offices int he VARO's and can get their hands on decisions fairly quick.

We use several Acronyms here at Hadit and we do confuse some folks.

Its like learning another language.

Once you get used to it you will be ratttling off the VA verbola like a real pro.

J

Question. Since the reviewer is checking over the rater, and has been doing it since the 15, how long do you think it will be before I see some funds? Is it taking long because they have to go back six years?

And yes you are right. I will pick up on the lingo quickly cause I will be here for ever now (lol)

• HadIt.com Elder

The reviewer is a quality control checkpoint. It shouldnt tke too long and may be already completed. Your Retro should not be too far away. Look for the deposit to hit on a Saturday. It will beat the letter to you.

J