VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reopened Claim For Asbestos Exposure

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

hello friends

i just got back from reopening my claim yet again after being denied they told me it was still open just bring in new evidence so i did , this time i submited the x-rays and the x-ray doctors reports and the pulmonary function test results .

the claim adjuster asked told me that if i didnt have a report from a doctor saying that my lung condition was directly caused by asbestos the would denie me yet once again .

so she asked to see my records to see just what i was submitting she got about half way through and said "" you got them this time , you have just about all of the symtoms listed with asbestos " which was what they were looking for when i filed previously but they failed to look at . if you know what i mean ?

if i hadnt gotten the pulmonary doctor do the test and make the report out as he did i would still be screwed . sorry fot he language but thats what i would have been . it seems they are afraid to say what is really wrong with you and they hide the truth by saying its just a minor abnormality . but if thats the case why did you put down there chronic ( copd ) . this is one of the many questions my wife and i asked the doctor during my last visit . he tells me the va forbid him from signing anything that may help me with my claim and he wrote it up as he did . go figure ?

oh yes , like this one there is some scaring in your lungs but its not enough to kill you .

to make a point , my previous doctor had knowledge that my service connected condition had gotten worse , he would make note of it in my medical records but wouldnt tell me just treat me for it and send me on my way but this doctor was a good guy he told me mr livingston i think you need to take this and go to the claims office and have your claim upgraded . so i did and they upgraded my claim just like that .

but not more than a year later he was reassigned to doing desk work onanother floor . so you tell me whats going on ???

ok enough of me going on just venting sorry . i got an award letter and i need someone to tell me just how long after reciving the letter does the arears show up and if its withen the month and close to the end will the changes show in the following months check or what please tell me how this works . thanks for being there , the info here has made a great differance in my knowledge about how to do this and how to put up a good fight . wish me luk , oh yes its gotten to where i cant drive anymore guys breathing has gotten worse pray for me as my wife and i do for all of you and stay strong ,

Edited by ammodad

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Guest jstacy

Good Luck with this claim. I hope it goes well. Keep us posted on the results as allot of vets here can use the good news.

Guest DON20906

Are you talikng about a VA "claims adjuster?"

hello friends

i just got back from reopening my claim yet again after being denied they told me it was still open just bring in new evidence so i did , this time i submited the x-rays and the x-ray doctors reports and the pulmonary function test results .

the claim adjuster asked told me that if i didnt have a report from a doctor saying that my lung condition was directly caused by asbestos the would denie me yet once again .

so she asked to see my records to see just what i was submitting she got about half way through and said "" you got them this time , you have just about all of the symtoms listed with asbestos " which was what they were looking for when i filed previously but they failed to look at . if you know what i mean ?

if i hadnt gotten the pulmonary doctor do the test and make the report out as he did i would still be screwed . sorry fot he language but thats what i would have been . it seems they are afraid to say what is really wrong with you and they hide the truth by saying its just a minor abnormality . but if thats the case why did you put down there chronic ( copd ) . this is one of the many questions my wife and i asked the doctor during my last visit . he tells me the va forbid him from signing anything that may help me with my claim and he wrote it up as he did . go figure ?

oh yes , like this one there is some scaring in your lungs but its not enough to kill you .

to make a point , my previous doctor had knowledge that my service connected condition had gotten worse , he would make note of it in my medical records but wouldnt tell me just treat me for it and send me on my way but this doctor was a good guy he told me mr livingston i think you need to take this and go to the claims office and have your claim upgraded . so i did and they upgraded my claim just like that .

but not more than a year later he was reassigned to doing desk work onanother floor . so you tell me whats going on ???

ok enough of me going on just venting sorry . i got an award letter and i need someone to tell me just how long after reciving the letter does the arears show up and if its withen the month and close to the end will the changes show in the following months check or what please tell me how this works . thanks for being there , the info here has made a great differance in my knowledge about how to do this and how to put up a good fight . wish me luk , oh yes its gotten to where i cant drive anymore guys breathing has gotten worse pray for me as my wife and i do for all of you and stay strong ,