VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is A Normal Percentage For Major Depression?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cowgirl

Apply for SSDI and then you will know if you are eligible. If you are only working a few days here and there due to your depression I would apply for TDIU. All the VA can do is reject your claim and give you a reason why. The same with Social Security. You don't know until you file a claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your spouse working does not have anything to do with SSDI. Your sposue could make millions and you can still collect if you win your claim. It does not affect your VA either. A 50 GAF and unalble to work should get at least 70% to 100% plus TDIU if it is lower than 100%.. Of course you will probably have to fight for it. As bad as it is I think that Major Depression may be one of the easiest claims to prove to SS and VA.

Good Luck on your claim.

Thanks, on VA website I saw 30 to 50% or so. Current gaf is 50 and because of worries, work is a few days here or there only. Not sure if SSDI is available to me, spouse works, kids in school..

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree that major depression is the easiest and PTSD is the hardest. If you have a record of treatment for depression in the service and you have depression now it would be almost impossible for them to deny SC.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the heads up and encouragement to continue my current claims. I do strongly believe I have more down than up times than most of the Jones's in this world. Being told to journal the past is difficult, because so many truths bruise me again and again. With your continued feedback I feel more reslient and plant to win.