VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Been Diagnoses With Ms?

retiredat44

Question

Anyone been diagnoses with MS? I have been going for some C&P exams, and while I was recently diagnosed with Dystrphy, I stil suspect I have MS, and am anxiously awaiting the outcome..

I would like to chat with those that have MS, or suspect they do..

thanx..

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Anyone been diagnoses with MS? I have been going for some C&P exams, and while I was recently diagnosed with Dystrphy, I stil suspect I have MS, and am anxiously awaiting the outcome..

I would like to chat with those that have MS, or suspect they do..

thanx..

Hi, I'm WildBill's better half. I log in to check things out. I hope y'all don't mind. I have MS, and have been dx for 10+ years. I wouldn't mind chatting if you think I could help you.

I was diagnosed with MS several years ago by a civilian doctor. I had a spinal tap and the results showed 3 times the protein that I was supposed to have. He wanted to put me on a monthly shot. However the VA doc said I didn't have MS.He said I had fibromylia (mispelled). I take a lot of pain meds for arthritis so I didn't take the monthly shot.

You may want to get a second opinion.

vet12

I am around often to chat.. maybe we could setup a time/date..

very thankful to chat..

thanx..

:smile:

I have had MS for more than 30 years and would be happy to chat with you.

just let me know, any date, any time..

thanx..

I stil have no clue if my diagnosis more closely match Parkinson's or MS, but Myotonic Dystrophy just does nto match my symptoms as well as the others.. I really hope they diagnose me better..maybe my last Neurologist exam at my C&P exam wil be the best diagnosis. Parkinson's looks to be a good possiblity as I keep reading about it,, also some nurses that kept me alive for 6 months in the hospital bed at the VA asked if I had Parkinson's disease. I told them the doctors didn't know at that time..

now I read more about Parkinson's and don't think that the problem, because I seldom shake at rest, my shaking happens more when I move, also, I get violent jerking when I am at ful rest, usally in bed..

so I am back leaning more towards MS..

of course I am a sufferer of being a vicitm of illness from cheicals, Jet Fuels (JP-4) and also trichloroethylene from my jobs in the USAF. so the neurological diseases may have been affected and/or caused, exaserbated by these chemcials..

all in my USAF medical records when I was active duty.

Edited by retiredat44