• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bstman

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I think you should throw it all at them the first time.  If you fail you get more IME's.  Yes, new evidence helps with NOD.  I used VA's voc. rehab, worker's compensation doctor, a couple of private doctors who I knew could write good reports.  I still did not win total victory the first time.  I had to go back twice more with new evidence to get P&T and EED.  Hey, your motto from John Wayne is about the same as Wild Bill's.  If you use the VA then  you will be  insulted sooner or later.    When you get IME you point out to doctor exactly the problems you have with VA's exam and rating.  You can keep up fantasy of the opinion being totally unbiased, but you don't want an unbiased opinion.  You want one that helps you since you are paying for it.  It must appear to be unbiased.  We all know VA exams are biased in direction of default option to be denial or low ball rating.  The evidence you hold back may be the evidence that would have put you over.  Berta says the enemy is not the VA but time.  When you have to appeal a rating you must wait 18 months to two years.  I have had to appeal every single rating I ever got until I got P&T.  It was easier after that since I had little to gain.                        John
    • I Thank everyone for the input. I'm going to the clinic tomorrow for the eye exam & will talk to a patient contact rep about improving the "kicked out" term to something better.
    • I'm interested in filling a gulf war illness claim , my question is do you think it worthwhile, I have the symptoms that are required for the claim , but some of the fall into my ptsd symptoms which I all ready receive compensation for .   if I file gwi , will they try to reduce my ptsd rating.  all I read is so many gulf war claims are denied . I don't want to fill and have it denied and have them turn around and start messing with my ptsd claim . Any thoughts?  
    • My opinion Any new evidence will help you with a NOD. Mine was just a Voc Expert who testifies in VA, SSDI and Railroad Benefits Courts. And even though it sounds silly and anti-progress, i think at this point in time with the games the VA is playing with fast rejections and lowballs have FILLED the frikin Appeals Dockets, we should maybe hold back just ONE bit of evidence, maybe because we kind of already know lowballing is SoP for the bastiches, just have that one bit of evidence ready for your NOD. Once again, just a opinion, and a path i'm taking on my next claim.
    • I thought the same. To be honest I get strong anxiety disgust when I go to the va. Lost trust with the providers there. So part a is free correct? Even if I only have 8 years of solid work and on and off.  As far as part b they are saying that I can lower my rate by signing a earlier effective date my alleged onset date. Which would be a difference of 104.90 starting date June 2011 in which I have to pay an additional 6,517.30. I currently have no medical bills pending throughout that period.  The other one is August 2016 with a premium of 121.80 a month. However, What I don't understand is on the bottom they want to charge me 243.60 due through December 2016. Is that two year enrollment plan?

RSG

Denied

81 posts in this topic

Ok,

for the second time I was denied IU again and told to take my claim to the BVA...Why does the VA keep doing this. I haven't been able to work since 2001 and was retired for the same medical issues by SSD..

I can't understand this.......Tnx

RSG

hard to say with such little info you have posted. if you would like some help let us know a few things about your claim. Being denied does not mean you are wrong maybe you have not presented your case well enough.

IU often times is granted or denied based on the info supplied.

That is absurd!

How did the VA consider the SSA award in their denial?

Did they even attempt to get the SSA records?

If a veteran gets SSDI solely for service connected conditions, it is practically impossible for the VA to deny TDIU. (Washington V Derwinski)

SSA provides an independent medical evaluation that is difficult for the VA to ignore.

hard to say with such little info you have posted. if you would like some help let us know a few things about your claim. Being denied does not mean you are wrong maybe you have not presented your case well enough.

IU often times is granted or denied based on the info supplied.

That is more than likely the case...I also have a cognotive disorder that limits my understanding of the VA system. I don't understand what they tell me and I don't understand how to respond.....

what would you need to see to help me with this.....The latest decision came Saturday......I can't figure this out..I don't know what I am doing wrong and the VSO's both the DAV and the Americam legion don't seem to work for me properly either.....I keep trying....This all started with a discharge (honorable and being treated in the hospital for such for 5 month's while in the service and fighting with the Va for the past 40 years)

Yeah I know Berta, I don't know what the problem is...I am still waiting and was waiting to file the CUE claim we worked on, until I got this assanine decision, again.

That is absurd!

How did the VA consider the SSA award in their denial?

Did they even attempt to get the SSA records?

If a veteran gets SSDI solely for service connected conditions, it is practically impossible for the VA to deny TDIU. (Washington V Derwinski)

SSA provides an independent medical evaluation that is difficult for the VA to ignore.

That is absurd!

How did the VA consider the SSA award in their denial? No

Did they even attempt to get the SSA records?Yes they have them

I even have the IMO's from VA doctors.....