VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

RSG

Question

Ok,

for the second time I was denied IU again and told to take my claim to the BVA...Why does the VA keep doing this. I haven't been able to work since 2001 and was retired for the same medical issues by SSD..

I can't understand this.......Tnx

RSG

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

RSG-

I no longer address any claims issues via email.

John made some good points here.

And every question or denial here can help others out there with input from our members.

Hi Berta,

I don't understand...how am I supposed to let you see this decison without emailing it to you..

RSG-

I no longer address any claims issues via email.

John made some good points here.

And every question or denial here can help others out there with input from our members.

Well I offered to send the decision to berta via email, but I guess that doesn't cut it...

Lots of people could help....I understand......But I am hesitant about everybody seeing my personal stuff here...Even though they have helped before......I need help but I don't want the whole friggin world to see my info... and no, I got no hearing from the DRO.....

Tnx

RSG

Did you have a personal hearing with the VA about the IU issue. I had the same problem when I was rated 70% and had SSD and was denied IU. In my situation the VA said my NSC issues were the real reason I was unemployable. This was pure fiction. I would ask for a personal hearing and you might be able to clear this up without a 3 year trip to the BVA. Get your significant other to go with you to be your advocate. If you have SSD for the same condition as your 70% and the VA is denying you I would like to see the reasons for the denial. If they continue to deny after a personal hearing I would do as TestVet has said and hire a lawyer. You should have a lawyer for your CUE I think also since you have some cognitive problems. Can you post reasons and basis for the denial so we can all get a look?

Something is not right and it could be some miserable detail the VA is using to deny your claim which a talk to a human at the VA could clear up in 5 minutes. You should not have to go to the BVA on such a claim where the evidence is so clear and 4.16A is met. I don't know what excuse the VA is using to deny.

Edited by RSG

RSG,

Many members here, including Berta provide help on issues posted here at Hadit and do not accept

personal emails or individual claims help, off the Hadit web site.

If you scan or post word for word exactly what is stated in the Evidence and Reasons and Bases Section,

people will be able to provide better advise, guidance or answers to your questions.

This will also put more eyes on it - on purpose and it will help others VA claimants that are going thru

the claims process.

Without that - you may get some incorrect information - but that would not be on purpose.

RSG, I would recommend the lawyer too. The good thing is you just really hand it to them and let them do their thing and you can once again relax for a change. Does cost a few bucks but what have you got now?

You mention you went to the BVA before and they feel you should be comped. Was that for the same issue?

Also remember any case that is decided by the BVA is eventually posted in it's entirety on the internet but of course no names and personal info is listed. These are used as a great resource for all deserving veterans out there on how to see what won for someone else.

I still wish you the best whatever you decide!

Also remember any case that is decided by the BVA is eventually posted in it's entirety on the internet but of course no names and personal info is listed. These are used as a great resource for all deserving veterans out there on how to see what won for someone else.

I may be off but if your avatar shows a picture of you, I would change it. I personally would not put my picture online.