• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

John46

Back Condition

Question

I have a back condition that I believe is caused by my falling due to SC knees. Told Dr. each time I visit my PC Dr. Also reported to Ortho Drs. In recent years I have had the steroid shots and it works for a while. I am currently on Oxycodone prescribed by my PC Dr. Also I have reported to the ER for pain shots in the back. My most recent C&P exam the Dr. noted the abnormal gait in her report. I filed another claim yesterday for the back being secondary to the SC knees. What do ya'll think I need besides the magic words from the C&P Dr.?

Thanks for any info and advice

6 answers to this question

Get copies of all of your records. Also, dig out your old service medical records and look for anything related to a back injury. It never hurts to pile on extra evidence in your favor. If you have happened to see a private physician for your back, you might want to ask them for an IMO linking everything together.

Get copies of all of your records. Also, dig out your old service medical records and look for anything related to a back injury. It never hurts to pile on extra evidence in your favor. If you have happened to see a private physician for your back, you might want to ask them for an IMO linking everything together.

Thanks. Roll Tide!

Hope you live in a region where you have liberal raters. Sometimes secondary claims go through. I had a back injury inservice with 40 yrs of records of continuing treatments and braces and was denied and went to BVA for almost 2 yrs to be remanded back to my VARO and was not developed yet. I had 2 IMO's/IME's and both knew/treated me within the yr of my discharge but a NP examiner screwed my claim. Hope all your exams are by Dr's and they use a gonimeter with their functional exams.

How much weight is pain medication given for secondary conditions given?

How much weight is pain medication given for secondary conditions given?

The note about the pain meds was just info as part of treatment for the back along with the steroid shots. It indicates that there is a problem or at least the PC Dr. thinks so.

But in reality I don't fully understand your question.

I realize that the meds represent treatment not cause etc. But it does indicate a problem. I was only giving all the info that I recalled. VA also issued me a Tens unit for my back.