VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Lejeune Water Survivors

Rate this question

hp1030

Question

Fellow Vets:

Has anyone that was stationed on Camp LeJeune NC prior to 1983 claimed to VA for the water poisoning situation there and the aftermath???

What was the approach?? Is there a sure shot strategy??

I heard a lots of Vets that used to be stationed there are filing a Form 95 with the dept of justice, I believe VA is as responsible, I would like to hear your opinion.

Is anyone aware of this??? This as I see it is mass killing of our Honorable Servicemen and more importantly their Families..

Will this go un-punished???

Any Information in this regards will be highly appreciated.

HP 1030

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is the link and the current status of the situation. The problem is military cannot file a Form 95 against the government I was told. I file a claim for Barrett's Esophagus in March 2005 with the VA with the Camp Lejuene Toxic Water as suspected cause along with serveral other conditions such as ulcers at a young age while in the Marine Corps. I was stationed there from 1966 to 1968 with the 3d Bn, 2nd Marines. Of course, as with the rest of my pending claims I have had C&Ps for but have not heard a thing from the VA on the claim for Barretts Esophagus nor have they ever even acknowledged or addressed it. When I questioned the VARO the response was standard.........."Wait until I receive my brown envelope (12th of Never) and if it is not addressed in the rating decision to immediately let them know." :^D I attached WEB information from the Marine Corps website as proof of the toxic chemicals and so far known problems caused by it and copies of my SMRs showing several bleeding ulcers along with my IMO Gastroenteroligists diagnosis and treatment history. I also included the page out of my SRB showing the official dates of my assignments at Camp Lejuene with the 3rdBn, 2nd Marines. When the 12th of Never arrives and I get the envelope I will let you all know what the VA decided if anything.

I was told up front by my AMVET VSO that I could not file a claim for Barretts Esophagus for AO and the Camp Lejuene thing has not been completed or proven to cause the problems yet. I dressed him down and told him not to ever tell anyone they can not file a claim for anything as it is up to the VA. AND how do you think the presumptive AO conditions got to be? That's right! Vets filing claims for the problems they have they believe was caused by AO or some other condition. Terry is right, I filed with the VA for the exact reason he stated, just in case later on down the road the VA awards compensation for it and the record will show I claimed it back in 2005.

As far as I know, only military dependents can file the Form 95...........not military. I know a lot of them filed it anyway but unless the law has changed Federal employees cannot sue the government.

http://www.watersurvivors.com/default.asp

"4/12/2006 - Law Firm

CAMP LEJEUNE WATER CONTAMINATION CLAIMS Dateline: 3/30/2006 Anderson Weber & Henry is proud to serve as national legal counsel for claims arising from possible water contamination at Camp Lejeune. For legal questions related to your potential claim, please contact the law firm, toll free at 1-866-993-7958 . For more information on the water contamination at Camp Lejeune , please visit the website, The Stand. Persons wishing to file a claim with the Department of Justice may complete a Form 95 .* Questions regarding the completion of this form may be directed to the Civil Division of the Department of Justice at 1-202-514-3301 . Recent news coverage: LA Times, " Cancer Stalks a 'Toxic Triangle' by Ralph Vartabedian, March 30, 2006. LA Times, " How Environmentalists Lost the Battle Over TCE by Ralph Vartabedian, March 29, 2006. *Please note that completing a Form 95 does not constitute a legal relationship with the law firm Anderson Weber & Henry, P.C. Each potential claim will be investigated by the law firm and representation may be offered to individual claimants after a thorough review of the facts. Courtney M. Southern ANDERSON WEBER & HENRY, P.C. 233 W. Mountain Street Kernersville, N.C. 27284 (336) 993-7958 ext. 106 www.awhlawfirm.com This message may contain privileged and confidential information protected by the attorney work product doctrine, attorney-client privilege and/or any other privilege. These privileges are not waived. "

Hope this helps!

Semper Fi!

RockyA

Edited by RockyA1911

This is the link and the current status of the situation. The problem is military cannot file a Form 95 against the government I was told. I file a claim for Barrett's Esophagus in March 2005 with the VA with the Camp Lejuene Toxic Water as suspected cause along with serveral other conditions such as ulcers at a young age while in the Marine Corps. I was stationed there from 1966 to 1968 with the 3d Bn, 2nd Marines. Of course, as with the rest of my pending claims I have had C&Ps for but have not heard a thing from the VA on the claim for Barretts Esophagus nor have they ever even acknowledged or addressed it. When I questioned the VARO the response was standard.........."Wait until I receive my brown envelope (12th of Never) and if it is not addressed in the rating decision to immediately let them know." :^D I attached WEB information from the Marine Corps website as proof of the toxic chemicals and so far known problems caused by it and copies of my SMRs showing several bleeding ulcers along with my IMO Gastroenteroligists diagnosis and treatment history. I also included the page out of my SRB showing the official dates of my assignments at Camp Lejuene with the 3rdBn, 2nd Marines. When the 12th of Never arrives and I get the envelope I will let you all know what the VA decided if anything.

I was told up front by my AMVET VSO that I could not file a claim for Barretts Esophagus for AO and the Camp Lejuene thing has not been completed or proven to cause the problems yet. I dressed him down and told him not to ever tell anyone they can not file a claim for anything as it is up to the VA. AND how do you think the presumptive AO conditions got to be? That's right! Vets filing claims for the problems they have they believe was caused by AO or some other condition. Terry is right, I filed with the VA for the exact reason he stated, just in case later on down the road the VA awards compensation for it and the record will show I claimed it back in 2005.

As far as I know, only military dependents can file the Form 95...........not military. I know a lot of them filed it anyway but unless the law has changed Federal employees cannot sue the government.

"4/12/2006 - Law Firm

CAMP LEJEUNE WATER CONTAMINATION CLAIMS Dateline: 3/30/2006 Anderson Weber & Henry is proud to serve as national legal counsel for claims arising from possible water contamination at Camp Lejeune. For legal questions related to your potential claim, please contact the law firm, toll free at 1-866-993-7958 . For more information on the water contamination at Camp Lejeune , please visit the website, The Stand. Persons wishing to file a claim with the Department of Justice may complete a Form 95 .* Questions regarding the completion of this form may be directed to the Civil Division of the Department of Justice at 1-202-514-3301 . Recent news coverage: LA Times, " Cancer Stalks a 'Toxic Triangle' by Ralph Vartabedian, March 30, 2006. LA Times, " How Environmentalists Lost the Battle Over TCE by Ralph Vartabedian, March 29, 2006. *Please note that completing a Form 95 does not constitute a legal relationship with the law firm Anderson Weber & Henry, P.C. Each potential claim will be investigated by the law firm and representation may be offered to individual claimants after a thorough review of the facts. Courtney M. Southern ANDERSON WEBER & HENRY, P.C. 233 W. Mountain Street Kernersville, N.C. 27284 (336) 993-7958 ext. 106 www.awhlawfirm.com This message may contain privileged and confidential information protected by the attorney work product doctrine, attorney-client privilege and/or any other privilege. These privileges are not waived. "

Hope this helps!

Semper Fi!

RockyA Why as the place not closed down? Strange

Fellow Vets:

Has anyone that was stationed on Camp LeJeune NC prior to 1983 claimed to VA for the water poisoning situation there and the aftermath???

What was the approach?? Is there a sure shot strategy??

I heard a lots of Vets that used to be stationed there are filing a Form 95 with the dept of justice, I believe VA is as responsible, I would like to hear your opinion.

Is anyone aware of this??? This as I see it is mass killing of our Honorable Servicemen and more importantly their Families..

Will this go un-punished???

Any Information in this regards will be highly appreciated.

HP 1030

Why is this the VA's problem? Should not the Department of the Navy be responsible for any injuries or illnesses associated with being at this base?

In my claims that they are still working since March 2005 I did inform the VARO that my condition for Peripheral Neuropathy was caused by the Contaminated Water at Lejeune. I don't have diabetes and they give no other reason for the cause . Oh one did say it was due to sleeping habits(Go figure). This may be the reason the claim is taking so long to get a decision.

Guest DON20906

Your VSO should not have told you not to file, but he was being perfectly reasonable if he told you what he thought of your chances for a win. You can file for anything on a direct basis if you can provide current condition, incident in service and medical nexis.

This is the link and the current status of the situation. The problem is military cannot file a Form 95 against the government I was told. I file a claim for Barrett's Esophagus in March 2005 with the VA with the Camp

Lejuene Toxic Water as suspected cause along with serveral other conditions such as ulcers at a young age while in the Marine Corps. I was stationed there from 1966 to 1968 with the 3d Bn, 2nd Marines. Of course, as with the rest of my pending claims I have had C&Ps for but have not heard a thing from the VA on the claim for Barretts Esophagus nor have they ever even acknowledged or addressed it. When I questioned the VARO the response was standard.........."Wait until I receive my brown envelope (12th of Never) and if it is not addressed in the rating decision to immediately let them know." :^D I attached WEB information from the Marine Corps website as proof of the toxic chemicals and so far known problems caused by it and copies of my SMRs showing several bleeding ulcers along with my IMO Gastroenteroligists diagnosis and treatment history. I also included the page out of my SRB showing the official dates of my assignments at Camp Lejuene with the 3rdBn, 2nd Marines. When the 12th of Never arrives and I get the envelope I will let you all know what the VA decided if anything.

"4/12/2006 - Law Firm

Hope this helps!

Semper Fi!

RockyA