VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally!

Rate this topic

Moe

• HadIt.com Elder

I think everyone here has waited on tender hooks for a rating. Many have waited years and almost given up hope. Waiting is the price you pay for winning a claim, and it is a heavy price. When you are unable to work and broke it seems like a very long time while the VA plays Gin Rummy with you claim. I must be thinking of my local DAV service officers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I was successful in getting a rating increase I lose on retro pay because I'm retired military. Had I not retired I would be getting a nice five figure check. As it now stands now,all I can do is file a amended tax return for the past three years.

I say this as I have detected that just a few here, very few, think we retirees get all the breaks. We get it broke off in the primary orifice more times than most know.

I'm not complaining, just sharing info..

• HadIt.com Elder

Moe

I have never thought for an instant that military retirees have all the breaks. I know too many of them from working at the USPS. One of my good friends did 26 years in the AF. He has gotten no breaks. He just retired again from the post office. Now he has two small pensions and pays out the ying yang for insurance etc. He has disabilities from the service and from the post office. When I was a young dude I did hate what I considered Lifers. After I came back from Vietnam and got out I hated anyone wearing a uniform for years but that has passed and I see things from a prospective. I don't intend or want to offend you.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

In 1991 I went to the VA on my knees and begged for help. It was the last place I thought I would ever go. From 1970 until 1991 I gave little or no thought to Military or VA just glad it was behind me.

Today I actually love our brothers and sisters who wore the uniform, Even more I love the families and spouses who have supported their Vets. I realize that service to your country is actually a higher calling and it is my bond to all who served whether 1 day or 30 years. I believe that any Vet who did their 20 deserves all the benefits and perks that were promised.

I really think that the VA instilled this in me. After going through hell with VA over my claim I was awakened to all my fellow Veterans and I felt the burning fire of patriotism. Last weekend I spent 2 full days with Texas Democrats hoping to wrest our government back and pledged to restore funding and benefits to all Veterans. It rancors me that our powerful leaders have decided that their War will be fought on the cheap and that commitments to Veterans and their families will be put aside?

God Bless America and all those who have served in the Military.

Moe

I have never thought for an instant that military retirees have all the breaks. I know too many of them from working at the USPS. One of my good friends did 26 years in the AF. He has gotten no breaks. He just retired again from the post office. Now he has two small pensions and pays out the ying yang for insurance etc. He has disabilities from the service and from the post office. When I was a young dude I did hate what I considered Lifers. After I came back from Vietnam and got out I hated anyone wearing a uniform for years but that has passed and I see things from a prospective. I don't intend or want to offend you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

Yeah, it pisses me off that the one's who do the fighting and dying are treated like expendables.

When I go to the VAMC I see vets who are in such bad shape. I imagine young guys who are disabled and have to depend on the VA for treatment. These vets should be getting the best of everything instead of rationed medical care. The thieves and criminals in congress and the whitehouse think of no one but themselfs. They don't give a damn about any of us. We need to take the country back from this band of hacks and thieves. Even my congressman who I know and like probably could give a damn about anyone that stands in the way of his ambition. Getting elected to a higher office is what motivates him. Of course, money motivates him as well.