VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Shows Two Claims In "authorization" One In "administrative Review"

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

I noticed this morning that changes happened to 3 claims marked "Closed" on eBenefits:

2 have a status of "Authorization Review" with no Appeal possible

1 has a status of "Administrative Review" with Appeal possible

I have one claim in Appeals which may represent one of these, but I can't tell from the document listing in the details. Does anyone know what this might mean???

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Has anyone had a chance to take a look at this?? I would really appreciate any feedback...

I noticed this morning that changes happened to 3 claims marked "Closed" on eBenefits:

2 have a status of "Authorization Review" with no Appeal possible

1 has a status of "Administrative Review" with Appeal possible

I have one claim in Appeals which may represent one of these, but I can't tell from the document listing in the details. Does anyone know what this might mean???

I'm not able to offer any explanation, but I can tell you that you are not alone. Ebenefits appears to be a good idea that is still in development. I have asked questions like yours through IRIS and have received no good answers.

I have had claims go from development to authorization and back again within a couple of days on Ebenefits. When my IRIS was answered, they said that it was still a work in progress, and promised it will get better.

There is a separate item on the dashboard to get information on appeals. Appeals are not included with your claims.

I think it also depends on whether or not your VARO updates information regularly.

Edited by JustPLS

Saw another claim move to the Decision Phase in eBenefits. They say on the site their average is +/- 28 days to notification. Let's see how they perform...

Wish I could help but this ebenefits stuff is still Greek to me.

While I use and am authenticated by My Health evet I have not been able to get that set up on the ebenefits site.

People, people, people -

Whether it's the 800 #, Iris, My HealtheVet or ebenefits -

we simply are still not going to be able to track each and every step of our claim issues.

It just isn't possible.

They would literally need to put a GPS device on our file and a log in device at each station,

to accept recognition of the GPS device.

Noted - not hoping to track each and every step, but seeing some change in status does provide some hope that this issue is at least in motion Since my VSO seems to be MIA for the last month or so, it's the only contact I have with the system. True or not, it at least satisfies my OCD re: knowing where things are, and what I could be doing in support of the claim.

Edited by justrluk