• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bstman

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • My opinion Any new evidence will help you with a NOD. Mine was just a Voc Expert who testifies in VA, SSDI and Railroad Benefits Courts. And even though it sounds silly and anti-progress, i think at this point in time with the games the VA is playing with fast rejections and lowballs have FILLED the frikin Appeals Dockets, we should maybe hold back just ONE bit of evidence, maybe because we kind of already know lowballing is SoP for the bastiches, just have that one bit of evidence ready for your NOD. Once again, just a opinion, and a path i'm taking on my next claim.
    • I thought the same. To be honest I get strong anxiety disgust when I go to the va. Lost trust with the providers there. So part a is free correct? Even if I only have 8 years of solid work and on and off.  As far as part b they are saying that I can lower my rate by signing a earlier effective date my alleged onset date. Which would be a difference of 104.90 starting date June 2011 in which I have to pay an additional 6,517.30. I currently have no medical bills pending throughout that period.  The other one is August 2016 with a premium of 121.80 a month. However, What I don't understand is on the bottom they want to charge me 243.60 due through December 2016. Is that two year enrollment plan?
    • @broncovet @john999 thanks for the feedback, the Peter Principle is exactly what I'm worried about. Since I am SC for PTSD already and filing for an increase, I was concerned that they wouldn't acknowledge any of my treatment records as evidence for increase since the CRNP made diagnosis of MDD on almost every treatment note over the past year. I think he just looks at the thing that's most obvious with me, writes a prescription, and sends me on my way. Maybe he's uncomfortable with the MST part but he has never asked me anything about it, my stressors, etc. When I mentioned my nightmares he didn't ask anything about the nature of them, just prescribed me prazosin. When I mentioned my anxiety and social avoidance, he again didn't ask me anything about it, but he prescribed me hydroxyzine. Aside from the depression, I have all these meds treating me for various PTSD symptoms but that MDD stays right there as my primary dx, and that's what I'm worried about. I'm very afraid they will reject my claim or maybe even reduce my PTSD as not having a current diagnosis and say the depression isn't SC. I guess I just wait and prepare myself.
    • From my experience yes. My initial claim took two years and my current claim,  one increase and one new, is currently at prep for notification and was filed in May. I'm sure this varies greatly by a number of factors. 
    • Dont submit a nod until after the decision.  You have to identify the date of the decision.  Instead, submit new evidence if you have it, or try to get your records fixed: 1.579 Amendment of records. (a) Any individual may request amendment of any Department of Veterans Affairs record pertaining to him or her. Not later than 10 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) after the date or receipt of such request, the Department of Veterans Affairs will acknowledge in writing such receipt. The Department of Veterans Affairs will complete the review to amend or correct a record as soon as reasonably possible, normally within 30 days from the receipt of the request (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) unless unusual circumstances preclude completing action within that time. The Department of Veterans Affairs will promptly either: (1) Correct any part thereof which the individual believes is not accurate, relevant, timely or complete; or (2) Inform the individual of the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal to amend the record in accordance with his or her request, the reason for the refusal, the procedures by which the individual may request a review of that refusal by the Secretary or designee, and the name and address of such official. (Authority: 5 U.S.C. 552a(d)(2)) (b) The administration or staff office having jurisdiction over the recordsinvolved will establish procedures for reviewing a request from an individualconcerning the amendment of any record or information pertaining to theindividual, for making a determination on the request, for an appeal within the Department of Veterans Affairs of an initial adverse Department of Veterans Affairs determination, and for whatever additional means may be necessary for each individual to be able to exercise fully, his or her right under 5 U.S.C. 552a.

justrluk

Ebenefits Shows Two Claims In "authorization" One In "administrative Review"

10 posts in this topic

I noticed this morning that changes happened to 3 claims marked "Closed" on eBenefits:

2 have a status of "Authorization Review" with no Appeal possible

1 has a status of "Administrative Review" with Appeal possible

I have one claim in Appeals which may represent one of these, but I can't tell from the document listing in the details. Does anyone know what this might mean???

Has anyone had a chance to take a look at this?? I would really appreciate any feedback...

I noticed this morning that changes happened to 3 claims marked "Closed" on eBenefits:

2 have a status of "Authorization Review" with no Appeal possible

1 has a status of "Administrative Review" with Appeal possible

I have one claim in Appeals which may represent one of these, but I can't tell from the document listing in the details. Does anyone know what this might mean???

I'm not able to offer any explanation, but I can tell you that you are not alone. Ebenefits appears to be a good idea that is still in development. I have asked questions like yours through IRIS and have received no good answers.

I have had claims go from development to authorization and back again within a couple of days on Ebenefits. When my IRIS was answered, they said that it was still a work in progress, and promised it will get better.

There is a separate item on the dashboard to get information on appeals. Appeals are not included with your claims.

I think it also depends on whether or not your VARO updates information regularly.

Edited by JustPLS

Saw another claim move to the Decision Phase in eBenefits. They say on the site their average is +/- 28 days to notification. Let's see how they perform...

Wish I could help but this ebenefits stuff is still Greek to me.

While I use and am authenticated by My Health evet I have not been able to get that set up on the ebenefits site.

People, people, people -

Whether it's the 800 #, Iris, My HealtheVet or ebenefits -

we simply are still not going to be able to track each and every step of our claim issues.

It just isn't possible.

They would literally need to put a GPS device on our file and a log in device at each station,

to accept recognition of the GPS device.