VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Shows Two Claims In "authorization" One In "administrative Review"

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

I noticed this morning that changes happened to 3 claims marked "Closed" on eBenefits:

2 have a status of "Authorization Review" with no Appeal possible

1 has a status of "Administrative Review" with Appeal possible

I have one claim in Appeals which may represent one of these, but I can't tell from the document listing in the details. Does anyone know what this might mean???

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't think anyone expects to track a clam and certainally not by using iris, phone or ebenefits... However it would be wonderful if just once we could use these tools and receive acurate informaton concerning any claim in the system.

It seems the more options we are afforded, the less accurate the information is. I remember when you could call the 1800 number, and someone in your states regional office answered the phone, normally in most cases the information was accurate and the people on the other end were helpful.. Today, the folks at the 1800 number can't spell their own names,, ok so may be that is a little harsh, but they damn sure can't provide accurate information and it is proven time and again simply by calling more than once, and it is likely fhat for every call you make, you receive a different answer to the same question. Now as to iris, I guess it depends on rather the va employee can read English or not , I know the Houston office has a problem, because somehow the equate a request for a EED for my sinusitis as a new claim for allergic rhitinis, and my request to reinstate my 10% for hemorriods , (after a reduction, without any previous letter, or warning, ie no due process) as a new claim for hemorriods.....And when it comes to the ebenifits, well it isn't updated in real time, and the informatin that is provided is not always self explainable.. ie, authorizition review? what does that mean, or and what claim are they even talking about, what about the YES, appeal possible, is this a heads up that a claim was completed and disapproved and the va expects you to appeal.. If that is the case, why has it been over a month and still no letter.... Bottom line, the lack of communication between the veteran and the VA is a serious problem. In a perfect world, We should be able to pick up the phone and speak to a represenative in our own state about our claim....and this simply isn't possible and the only rason in my mind is that the va does not want us to contact them concerning our claims, because they don't want to be bothered.

In my opinion, the real reason there can not be accurate tracking of claims

would be something like this:

Your claim is with the Rating Board (decision maker) awaiting a decision.

The decision maker now request additional development

on an issue - which could be many things such as some kind

of information requested from the claimant is not of record yet,

(a completed ROI form for private treatment or SSA records)

an additional C&P gets ordered or the decision maker feels the

C&P that was done is inadequate for rating purposes or the

examiner negated to provide an opinion.

Perhaps the pre-determination team did not send out a VCAA letter

and this still needs to be done.

This would apply to all the different teams / levels.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not really sure the VA wants a vet to be able to see into the claims process. What would they find: mistakes, errors, delays, incompetence on vast level. As long as the process is in a black box we can't see it and know how bad the process. My initial claims usually look like a 6 year old did them when I get the rating back. My doctor can't understand it. I can't understand it, and my lawyer can't understand how they got the end product.