This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

teejay53

Tricare Supplemental Insurance

14 posts in this topic

hi all;

i have been looking for an insurance to supplement my tricare standard. so far, i found out i am not eligible for moaa, usaa or mba.

does anyone have any other thoughts for a good supplemental insurance?

i like tricare prime, but the doctor i have been seeing for over 2 years is not on the primary care list and i do not wish to change to a doctor on the list. so i am going to wait before i change to tricare prime.

i found asi (issued by hartford insurance), but it is expensive and has a big deductible, so i am going to look a little longer.

thank you for your help.

have a great day.

teejay

hi all;

i found a supplemental insurance that i think will help with the costs from a medical bill after tricare standard pays it's portion (i believe 75% is paid by tricare standard) .

it is a supplement insurance offered by hartford. the link is below if you would like to visit.

http://www.asicorporation.com/tri_standard.html

i think i am going to get this, the deductible is $250 and the premiums are not that expensive for the coverage it provides after tricare pays.

hope this helps someone.

teejay

:smile:

AMRA (American Military Retirees Association) offers a supplemental insurance that picks up all that Tricare/CHAMPVA does not pay. ALL.

It costs me around $20 a month (not bad when you have a diabetic as a dependent..........that Lizard-spit costs around $450 a month....................not to mention all the other stuff, like insulin pens, testing strips, etc., etc.).

thank you for your help.

teejay

Thanks to both of you. This is some good information. I hadn't considered a supplement before. :)

Yes, I ahve used the AMRA supplement for years. I agree we have worked with the folks at http://www.tricaresupplement.us They have several of the plans that AMRA offers. The rates have always been very good and their plans are available regardless of rank or service.

Do you have to be a retiree from military to get any of these Ins?

You can also join AMRA if you are 100% Service-Connected Permanent & Total.

I belive for retired military, active duty dependents, CHAMPVA beneficaries

I belive for retired military, active duty dependents, CHAMPVA beneficaries

Correct.

Geeez, just my luck

i found i was eligible for tricare prime for $19 a month and it pays almost everything, very little left to pay. i do not think it has eye care benefits (exams, glasses, etc).

here is the link for the explanation of the military tricare plans available:

http://www.humana-military.com/south/bene/tricare-plans.asp

happy holidays to all.

teejay

i found i was eligible for tricare prime for $19 a month and it pays almost everything, very little left to pay. i do not think it has eye care benefits (exams, glasses, etc).

here is the link for the explanation of the military tricare plans available:

http://www.humana-mi...icare-plans.asp

happy holidays to all.

teejay

Prime is great if you have access to a good network. There re several Prime Supplements that pay 100% oc copyays http://www.tricaresupplement.us/champva-tricare-supplement.php

i researched tricare and tricare covers the eye exam (i exam every 2 years) but not the glasses.

happy holidays,

teejay