VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Purpose Of Imo For Widow Case

Rate this question

Blessedmom

Question

Hi Everyone

I had my IMO redone by the doctor just to make sure I had enough evidence pointing to this particular medicine which caused my husband death. He did an IMO which I though was good, but I wanted him to add just a little bit more of supporting evidence. In his PURPOSE , he has the following and my question is --I saw where the board can not turn a doctor down because they have not read the C-file, (the new law) but my question is should I try to include it. I did not give him the c-file, but there was not really anything in there except the initial application, birth certificates, death certificates and marriage license. I gave him everything that they sent back asking for proof etc...I know I have asked before, but I may have over looked the answer. Please help. If I am understanding correctly, the c-file is what the board has (presently) on a claim. Am I correct?

Purpose:

The purpose of this report is to review the medical records of ___________, including both military and post-discharge records, in order to determine whether or not his widow is entitled to receive Veterans Administration "Dependency & Indemnity Compensation."

Thank you so much

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

As long as the IMO doctor had his complete military and post military medical records I don't see any problem there.

If the claim is for a VA prescribed med that contributed to his death he needs to give full medical rationale to support that opinion.

Hi Berta

Yes, he has about 10 pages of research that he has included into the IMO. The whole IMO is 20 pages long. The basis of the IMO is the medication that my husband was given for TB which was Isoniazid caused his death or lead to the blood clotting disorder. He is certified in pharmacology/toxicology and also know about blood clotting disorders. He gave me a "more likely than not" throughout the IMO except for " Veteran was "as likely as not" a slow inactivator of isoniazid, leading to the potential for increased toxicity. I think he put "as likely as not" for this one because of the paragraph above. It stated--"Approximately 50% of blacks and Caucasians are slow inactivators etc...

For "Full medical rationale"--he has included research cites Cecil Medicine, ICU corner-hypercoagulable states: A concise review, an article from the Lupus Foundation of America, and RX Med site. What do you think? I am so ready to send it off. I just want to make sure it is right. I think he did an even better job this time. We only had so much info. The hospital decided not to run anymore test on him since his ischemic bowel---they did not think any more test would be beneficial "per his medical record "then he passed. He was diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome. The VA doctors (themselves) said it was not a congenital disorder (so hopefully that too would work in my favor)--he put it into the IMO.

Thanks

It sounds very good Blessedmom.

You certainly are doing what it takes to receive DIC.

You understand his medical conditions very well and the IMO doctor has shown to VA , in my opinion, how his death was contributed to by the meds he took.

All to do now that VA is getting this IMO and info -is to wait-= and that can be difficult.

Maybe this claim will move faster than usual due to the solid medical evidence you have sent to them already.

I Hope so!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use