VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Help Am I Right

Rate this topic

krbkwb02

Ok on the first page of my ratings decision it has 10% for burrsitis of the left shoulder, further on in the decision it says 10% is added to the intial 10% (under deluca, for pain) for an overall of 20% for the left shoulder, but they are only paying me for the 10%, appears to be an error on the Va"s part. If they correct it combined with my others 10%,20% and 10% that should give me an overall of 50% not 40%? Has anyone else had this problem and if so how long do you think it will take them to fix it? B)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to bring this to the VA's attention and make sure they correct it. Don't accept some bland assurance that they are taking care of it. If you have to go to the Regional Office and fill out some paperwork I would do and get a receipt.

Ok on the first page of my ratings decision it has 10% for burrsitis of the left shoulder, further on in the decision it says 10% is added to the intial 10% (under deluca, for pain) for an overall of 20% for the left shoulder, but they are only paying me for the 10%, appears to be an error on the Va"s part. If they correct it combined with my others 10%,20% and 10% that should give me an overall of 50% not 40%? Has anyone else had this problem and if so how long do you think it will take them to fix it? B)

I would go to them and have them correct it. They didn't give my husband the rating he should have gotten on his shoulder. They gave him 10%. I know his military orthopedic doctor was wanting to do a scope to look into his shoulder joint, because she thought he had bursitis. It will be an ongoing problem for him, because when they did surgery on his shoulder it didn't get corrected properly (that was the military's doing, not the VA on the surgery.)

My husband has a doctors appointment tomorrow. I am going to bring a long list of issues and some of the worksheets for him to look at, especially the items the VA overlooked at his C&P Physical, but where listed when he applied. I need to get the doctor to write a letter on the angina issue, stating that this is a chronic condition that started while he was on active duty and address the other issues. Good thing I like his doctor (he is mine too) and he was in the Army and knows how some about all the red tape you have to go through.