• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jpnavy1975

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Don't leave your personal info on the forums brah. Almost as bad as not redacting your info before you post here
    • Help! I am being told by Dennis Shepherd, General Counsel for the Kentucky VA that I may NOT contact either my local VA rep OR my Regional Admin. I have had 2 claims denied, ( First because they checked the Navy and they said I had not been exposed to ANY radiation, then the AIR FORCE said same ) I was ARMY 1973-79. 1 appeal denied with no reason given, and today my NOD was denied. Said they could find no record of my service in any of the armed forces. My DD214 shows every detail of where I was stationed and my MOS. So my question is: Can the VA General Counsel stop me from talking to them or even emailing them? I came down with pancreatic cancer after being exposed to radiation from the HAWK Missile System.   Thank You,   Rick Ash 606-798-1218 Home rickash@windstream.net   
    • That should work I contacted a MANAGER from RPC in St Louis & she check the status of my C-File and emailed me back and put a end Of July Early Aug 2016 Date to receive it. which I should have done 10 months or so ago....eh! Lucky for me my claim was approved without looking in my C-FILE but I have some other serious issues for retro from an earlier claim around 1998...2000-.2003 I have some issues with  EED!   ..............Buck
    • In brief, my FDC has two components, Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Sinusitus. The OSA is clearly service connected and the current diagnosis is clear and worsening. Both DXs active duty and recent recommend CPAP. After further research, including information I've learned here, I feel the second component of Sinusitis may be short of compelling. The SC part is clear but the current DX may not. My question for the more experienced advocates here is; if they come to the same conclusion as I, will the VA break out and provide a decision on the OSA or will they wait until they come to a conclusion on both before responding. Additionally, can they refuse both because only one component falls short?
    • How is one notified that their c-file is en route? Don't laugh, but I faxed the request about 3 weeks ago using the template from Veteran's Law Blog, VA C-File Field Manual.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so.

COOL BREEZE

Va Claim Closed

8 posts in this topic

It took 2 attempts to finally get someone at the 800# to tell me what my new rating is.(asked what is my current rating-ist rep gave only old rating) Wow-they really low balled me on this one. The good news is I went from 30% to 50%. This took 2 days, decision on 14th, notification on the 18th, and closed today. Half hour after I called the 1st time the system was updated. So what I don't understand is if I had a 20% for back, 10% for hypertension, and I know they gave me the 30% for the neck(cervical), and denied everything else this goes up to 50%. Don't they rate upwards rounded off at 55% and that gives you 60%. This comes up to exactly 50% the way they do it. They say It could be another month before I receive the payment.(Does it really take that long) The best part, I have all the VA exams so I can file I believe a notice of disagreement(is this where another rater or supervisor will review this-a shorter time? I think because the fiscal year is ending they are watching there budget very closely-leading to the huge amount of appeals for not doing this correctly the1st time

You really need to see the "paper". The phone conversations are to be taken with a grain or ten of salt!

It took 2 attempts to finally get someone at the 800# to tell me what my new rating is.(asked what is my current rating-ist rep gave only old rating) Wow-they really low balled me on this one. The good news is I went from 30% to 50%. This took 2 days, decision on 14th, notification on the 18th, and closed today. Half hour after I called the 1st time the system was updated. So what I don't understand is if I had a 20% for back, 10% for hypertension, and I know they gave me the 30% for the neck(cervical), and denied everything else this goes up to 50%. Don't they rate upwards rounded off at 55% and that gives you 60%. This comes up to exactly 50% the way they do it. They say It could be another month before I receive the payment.(Does it really take that long) The best part, I have all the VA exams so I can file I believe a notice of disagreement(is this where another rater or supervisor will review this-a shorter time? I think because the fiscal year is ending they are watching there budget very closely-leading to the huge amount of appeals for not doing this correctly the1st time

My VSO told me (and this is a direct quote): "Please ignore the responses from VA." You really need to see the actual paper response, and then challenge what you don't agree with.

Try calling the 1-800 number and asking them to fax you a copy of the letter.

You really need to see the "paper". The phone conversations are to be taken with a grain or ten of salt!

They said they will mail it out as my fax machine is hosed up. But could some one tell me is it true if your total disability =50% on the nose, do they round it up to 55% which then =60%. I thought I saw a post somewhere that said they do it. Also how long once the claim is closed with a decision does it take them to deposit the money. Another Vet was telling me that the new fiscal year was in October, and the VA was low on funds

They said they will mail it out as my fax machine is hosed up. But could some one tell me is it true if your total disability =50% on the nose, do they round it up to 55% which then =60%. I thought I saw a post somewhere that said they do it. Also how long once the claim is closed with a decision does it take them to deposit the money. Another Vet was telling me that the new fiscal year was in October, and the VA was low on funds

They round to the nearest 10%. For example, if you are 50%, then you are 50%. But... if you are 55%, they round it to 60%. I was at 74% and my rating was 70%.

Here is a link to the SC calculator here at hadit, which might help you out. Just plug in your individual rating scores and go from there.

http://www.hadit.com/service_connected_disabilities_rating_calculator.php

(also, it's located at a link on the bottom of the main Hadit page)

It is usually not very long if you won at the regional office level. The Montgomery, AL, regional office had mine turned around in less than five days.

If you already have direct deposit setup, watch your bank account for and pending or posted deposits. My claim letter and DAV letter arrived in the mail the day after the deposit.