VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claim Closed

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

It took 2 attempts to finally get someone at the 800# to tell me what my new rating is.(asked what is my current rating-ist rep gave only old rating) Wow-they really low balled me on this one. The good news is I went from 30% to 50%. This took 2 days, decision on 14th, notification on the 18th, and closed today. Half hour after I called the 1st time the system was updated. So what I don't understand is if I had a 20% for back, 10% for hypertension, and I know they gave me the 30% for the neck(cervical), and denied everything else this goes up to 50%. Don't they rate upwards rounded off at 55% and that gives you 60%. This comes up to exactly 50% the way they do it. They say It could be another month before I receive the payment.(Does it really take that long) The best part, I have all the VA exams so I can file I believe a notice of disagreement(is this where another rater or supervisor will review this-a shorter time? I think because the fiscal year is ending they are watching there budget very closely-leading to the huge amount of appeals for not doing this correctly the1st time

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Try calling the 1-800 number and asking them to fax you a copy of the letter.

There are 8 call centers that the VA uses. Not all of them will be helpful, some will provide info on your claim that others won;t give you. So it is a crap shoot when you call if they will fax,(my fax won't work) or say-hey you are rated at 50%. Most of the time they are not helpful. For every 5th time you call you will find one that will go over and beyond. For example, one agent informed me that they went ahead approved my dependency claim even though they needed additional info. I asked why was the claim closed- you will take another 6 months to a year to process a new claim. Well-I over nighted the info to the regional office anyway. Like you all say- the VA is out of control, no organization.They do what they feel like, when they want, disregard all policies.