VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Senate Approves Cola Increase For Disabled Vets

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

We all know that saying something and doing something are two different things. I could not find the full article even if there is a full article, there may not be a full article and for this to happen will be a miracle but never the less, I will pass it on. If someone can find more information or the full story please post it. I found this on WWW.Veteranstoday.com, it was under the Top 10 Veterans Stories in Today's News and the date is supposed to be 9/23/2010.

Senate Approves COLA Increase For Disabled Vets. CQ (9/23, Lesniewski) reports, "By voice vote, the Senate on Wednesday cleared a bill that would provide" a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for disabled veterans. After noting that the bill "would increase the amounts paid to veterans for disability compensation and to their survivors for dependency and indemnity compensation," CQ adds, "The Department of Veterans Affairs estimates that it will provide disability compensation to just over 3 million veterans with service-connected disabilities in the current fiscal year."

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That's nice but I think they have to approve it every yr and then it's tied to the consumer price index(or some other fool thing) and if there is no inflation we don't get it. Needless to say they'll tell us there's no inflation, again, this yr. I'm happy w/what I get right now. As long as I don't get foolish I survive quite comfortably.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

You know they exclude the price of food and energy from the CPI. They do factor in the price of cell phones, computers, cars and houses. I don't need a cell phone but I need to eat and food prices are going up. I don't think we will get a cola. This really hurts those on SSA, VA, SSI and government pensions.

• HadIt.com Elder

It was my impression any discussion concerning COLA's on this board has been strictly forbidden.

If it's open again, Veterans COLA's are based on Social Security increases which are frozen. Its obvious Alan Simson's views on having Veterans pay for our economic problems will likely continue until we end these wars.