• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • If you qualify, you may be granted  A&A or housebound in fact, but not both at the same time. The determination would be up to the VA but they would be obliged tp pay the most beneficial benefit to the veteran. post 911 vets may qualify for caregiver compensation.
    • The code is different. The one I was awarded is 7806 and the new diagnosis would be 7816.  However, in the decision letter they noted a history of psoriasis(7816).  The increase claim suggested a Dbq for 7806, but my doc will only do 7816 because that's the proper diagnosis.  They both fall on the skin diseases dbq.  These 2 conditions are commonly confused.
    • I was denied for failure to show up for my medical exam. But, I was never notified of any medical exam. I filed a NOD within the proper time frame, and now, it has just been sitting for over 2 years.
    • Oh I have been receiving SSDI solely based of my PTSD since 2008. I guess I just don't understand why I am not P&T by now.
    • Thanks for your response Gastone. My PTSD is actually rated at 100% alone. My other ratings are....well i will post it so i don't have to write it out. I see a lot of people on here that have gotten 100% P&T for mental health. I just hate that it progressively has gotten worse yet they wont make it P&T.   Disabilities % Total Combined Disability You have a 100% final degree of disability. This percentage determines the amount of benefit pay you will receive. How is this calculated Rated Disabilities Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date                     tinnitus 10% Service Connected   05/13/2007           migraines 0% Service Connected   05/13/2007           post traumatic stress disorder (previously rated as anxiety disorder with depressive features under DC 9400) 100% Service Connected Personal Trauma PTSD 08/13/2014           Thoracic spondylosis with chronic strain 40% Service Connected   10/16/2009 right lower extremity radiculopathy  10% Service Connected   08/13/2014 left lower extremity radiculopathy  10% Service Connected   08/13/2014 chronic urinary tract infections 40% Service Connected   05/13/2007 irritable bowel syndrome, claimed as gastroenteritis 10% Service Connected   05/13/2007      

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Senate Approves Cola Increase For Disabled Vets

35 posts in this topic

We all know that saying something and doing something are two different things. I could not find the full article even if there is a full article, there may not be a full article and for this to happen will be a miracle but never the less, I will pass it on. If someone can find more information or the full story please post it. I found this on WWW.Veteranstoday.com, it was under the Top 10 Veterans Stories in Today's News and the date is supposed to be 9/23/2010.

Senate Approves COLA Increase For Disabled Vets. CQ (9/23, Lesniewski) reports, "By voice vote, the Senate on Wednesday cleared a bill that would provide" a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for disabled veterans. After noting that the bill "would increase the amounts paid to veterans for disability compensation and to their survivors for dependency and indemnity compensation," CQ adds, "The Department of Veterans Affairs estimates that it will provide disability compensation to just over 3 million veterans with service-connected disabilities in the current fiscal year."

That's nice but I think they have to approve it every yr and then it's tied to the consumer price index(or some other fool thing) and if there is no inflation we don't get it. Needless to say they'll tell us there's no inflation, again, this yr. I'm happy w/what I get right now. As long as I don't get foolish I survive quite comfortably.

You know they exclude the price of food and energy from the CPI. They do factor in the price of cell phones, computers, cars and houses. I don't need a cell phone but I need to eat and food prices are going up. I don't think we will get a cola. This really hurts those on SSA, VA, SSI and government pensions.

It was my impression any discussion concerning COLA's on this board has been strictly forbidden.

If it's open again, Veterans COLA's are based on Social Security increases which are frozen. Its obvious Alan Simson's views on having Veterans pay for our economic problems will likely continue until we end these wars.

The linked article is a blog/journal that you have to pay for. *shrug*