VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Senate Approves Cola Increase For Disabled Vets

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

We all know that saying something and doing something are two different things. I could not find the full article even if there is a full article, there may not be a full article and for this to happen will be a miracle but never the less, I will pass it on. If someone can find more information or the full story please post it. I found this on WWW.Veteranstoday.com, it was under the Top 10 Veterans Stories in Today's News and the date is supposed to be 9/23/2010.

Senate Approves COLA Increase For Disabled Vets. CQ (9/23, Lesniewski) reports, "By voice vote, the Senate on Wednesday cleared a bill that would provide" a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for disabled veterans. After noting that the bill "would increase the amounts paid to veterans for disability compensation and to their survivors for dependency and indemnity compensation," CQ adds, "The Department of Veterans Affairs estimates that it will provide disability compensation to just over 3 million veterans with service-connected disabilities in the current fiscal year."

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

VA Watchdog just posted some rumor control about this which should put the whole thing to bed. Thank T-bird for keeping new posts routed to us!

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfsep10/nf092810-2.htm

I normally don't respond to topics but I felt compeled to respond to this topic.

I agree with Alan, I notice some of the vets who are getting 100% on this site feel like the vets who are getting lower amounts don't need an increase. By the same token when I read the replies of some of the vets who are getting lower amounts and because of their disability or disabilities cannot and does not allow them to get 100%; begrudge the ones who are trying to get 100% because of their disability or disabilities which allows them to apply for 100%.

As I stated above this is just some of the vets and not all of the vets and is just my observation.

This subject is getting pretty worn out.

Some of us spend way too much on our health care because the VA will not.

If you are living high on 100% I'm happy for you.

I'm 100% and I enjoy much less actual income from it than many others.

The idea of getting even less is abhorrent.

sledge