VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Steps In The Claims Process Questions?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Steps in the claims process questions?

Is thyere a chart somewhere with the steps?

I am curious..

there is the claim, then if denied, there is the NOD, if denied, there is a hearing..

but in between the NOD and hearing there is a DRO (review)?

Who does the review, and does anyone ask you questions? or is it still a one way process where the process just pushes you around with no ability to interact and talk to anyone asking questions or caliry anything?

How does the DRO work and when?

I have a couple questions and statements that could clear a couple things up, and one would think the VA would welcome clarity and understanding and not make things worse with this unfair process..

ok, a little update:

I read this:

"The VA’s highest appellate body is the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, (BVA) located in Washington, D.C. If you do not request a DRO review in your Notice Of Disagreement, the VA will send you and your representative, if any, a letter that acknowledges receipt of your NOD and asks whether you desire a DRO review or would rather have your appeal forwarded to the BVA for consideration. "

So Does This Mean That:

They will ask me if I would like to do a DRO, and ask questions/make statements before the hearing?

Wil I then be able to ask why they only look at part of the evidence, and expalin to them the part they totally ignored?

thanx,

I appreciate this,,

I am stil totally baflled why they overlooked or purposley never addressed al the evidence. I am desperately wanting ot ask them why they ignored it.. I find it criminal for them to have done such an outrageous mistake.. and am dying ot find out how such a blunder was not corrected..

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The DRO hearing will be my first opportunity to actually talk to someone face to face..., up until this point some faceless butthole is screwing me from behind some desk... and I want to actually confront them with my proof. I want to ask why they purposely ignored evidence., then if, for some BS lying scumbag reason they still want to fight.. then I will still be going to the BVA hearing..

Take look at this link provided by BVA to make vets aware of the appeal process:

http://www.bva.va.gov/docs/Pamphlets/010202A.pdf

It should help you understand where you are now in the process.

What doesn't make any sense to me on this is that,

If your claim issues are still within the jurisdiction of your

local VARO appeals level for a DRO hearing -

then they can not also be ripe for the being under the

jurisdiction of the BVA appeals level for a hearing at the same time.

I must be missing something.

• HadIt.com Elder

The DRO Hearing will be very informal. The benefit is that you are putting a face on your claim. Also, you can clear up misunderstandings. You still need evidence. You can bring a witness such as a spouse regarding your degree of disability. However, the hard, cold facts is what they go on. The DRO may smile and smile and still stab you in the back later, but it is the best the VARO has to offer.

I had an extremely bad experience with an SSDI lawyer and so I will think about the lawyer after the DRO hearing, if I still need help for the BVA hearing..

so, gotta wait until the DRO hearing , whenever that happens..

I really feel I can turn this around with the face to face DRO hearing, but if that does not go well with the American Legion representing me at that hearing, the lawyers listed in these forums are on my list to call..

I see there is a Vet Law office on your radio show tonight, and see the recording is not yet available.. but will put them on my list.. I wil need to see any lawyers in person.. my case is too much of a ClusterF$$$# to do it over the phone..

Edited by retiredat44

What doesn't make any sense to me on this is that,

If your claim issues are still within the jurisdiction of your

local VARO appeals level for a DRO hearing -

then they can not also be ripe for the being under the

jurisdiction of the BVA appeals level for a hearing at the same time.

I must be missing something.

as I understand it, the first step after nod denial, is then DRO, then BVA.. so I am going to use these steps..

now I am confusesd how I confused you??

if I did not use the DRO step, I would have missed that opportunity... and went straight to BVA..